Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ripple xrpb trading

Options
  • 09-03-2018 3:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭

Has anybody made any nice money from trading ripple?
    I'm interested in buying some were is the best place to buy can anyone tell me?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,467 ✭✭✭✭banie01

mark085 wrote: »
    Has anybody made any nice money from trading ripple?
    I'm interested in buying some were is the best place to buy can anyone tell me?

Are you registered on any exchanges?
    Easiest exchange to buy XRP on is kraken, you can buy in Fiat rather than exchange to crypto 1st.
    As for has anyone made money, plenty have. The majority of those that have would have bought in when XRP was under 20c and sold out when it was over 2 during the December boom.
    Dont let making money in a bull market blind you to doing your own research however.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭mark085

banie01 wrote: »
    Are you registered on any exchanges?
    Easiest exchange to buy XRP on is kraken, you can buy in Fiat rather than exchange to crypto 1st.
    As for has anyone made money, plenty have. The majority of those that have would have bought in when XRP was under 20c and sold out when it was over 2 during the December boom.
    Dont let making money in a bull market blind you to doing your own research however.

I'm not registered with any exchanges,
    I seen an article on the net saying they think ripple can take off similar to Bitcoin and my uncle said he made 30 grand off it so has me thinking

• Registered Users Posts: 16,467 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Fair play to your Uncle.
    Ripple is one of the best known coins out there now after its recent crazy run and another boom like the one it had while not impossible is a bit of a stretch.
    I'd be happy to see it at €1.20 in the short term and while that sounds like a double your money bet, it has been as low .40c recently.
    There is every possibility it could go that low again.
    If you are looking for a sure thing in crypto to make huge gains, you need a combination of research and luck.
    Along with an appetite for risk as it easy to lose too.

People bougjt bitcoin for 20k in December that are trading at 7.5k now, it is that easy to be on the losing sife of a trade.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭mark085

banie01 wrote: »
    Fair play to your Uncle.
    Ripple is one of the best known coins out there now after its recent crazy run and another boom like the one it had while not impossible is a bit of a stretch.
    I'd be happy to see it at €1.20 in the short term and while that sounds like a double your money bet, it has been as low .40c recently.
    There is every possibility it could go that low again.
    If you are looking for a sure thing in crypto to make huge gains, you need a combination of research and luck.
    Along with an appetite for risk as it easy to lose too.

People bougjt bitcoin for 20k in December that are trading at 7.5k now, it is that easy to be on the losing sife of a trade.

Thanks for reply banie

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

A lot of people made a few quid in XRP since buying last year - but mainly those that sold in January. The price has since tanked. XRP or any top ten coin is unlikely to see those huge short term gains any time soon, so the chances of reproducing your uncle's gains are slim.

In fact unless your uncle sold his XRP for fiat (cash!) rather than other crypto the likelihood is his 30k gains are a fraction of that now.

What I'm saying is, don't think there's an easy way to make a quick buck. Portfolios all over this forum are haemorrhaging value since yesterday as the market endures another mini crash. :pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement