Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Balance trainer boards

Options
  • 09-03-2018 11:37am
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15

Balance trainer boards, are they any good? Im newish enough to surfing but Im about an hour away from the coast and have other things going on so only make it out about once a month. Would this improve my balance or are they just a bit of a gimmick?

If they are worth it, could someone point me in the right direction? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,966 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

You'd be better off going swimming to get your fitness up

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15 kiss_my_face

Anything else that would be good for helping your balance? I'm reasonably fit and have been able to get up on a wave, its the staying up I seem to have trouble with.

Get a lesson, balance boards will strengthen your calf muscles and help your balance but it could be somethings else you are doing wrong. A lesson with level two instructor could do more for you. If you want a balance board look up how to make them they are just a pipe and some wood.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭beefburrito

lol I'm shredding reefs and not a great swimmer

lol I'm shredding reefs and not a great swimmer

The op get's out once a month so swimming to keep fitness up will help them catch more waves so more time standing on the board.... it's nothing to do with swimming ability. But you might want to think about what happens if you snap a leash on reef with rips 300 m out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭rodento

Anything else that would be good for helping your balance? I'm reasonably fit and have been able to get up on a wave, its the staying up I seem to have trouble with.
    skateboard if your young enough

Advertisement