Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment 1509 Campaign

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Anotherhopeful

Arestel22 wrote: »
    Arestel22 wrote: »
    Had a wee check at the last foi that was released back around November time, had around 40 people between 55-56.. two squads of 20 potentially??

Good point! Are you waiting still?

Yeah 55 aswell been a long long wait haha

It has indeed!!! I'm glad to see its not just me feeling that way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭majgreen

I was in the final intake of my campaign. The squad before us was only 20 strong and then our squad was around 30 people. There's still hope guys, don't get too deflated.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 recruit09

To any of you still waiting, have you tried to ring the recruitment line? I might try later on if no word back today.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭recruit099

recruit09 wrote: »
    To any of you still waiting, have you tried to ring the recruitment line? I might try later on if no word back today.

I was going to say wow I didn’t post this till I seen the name haha!

I don't know if recruitment will even tell us anything

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Arestel22

Can’t see them disclosing that sort of information, and by the sounds of ones currently in the hotel there’s gonna be more intakes for this campaign!

Sure what’s an extra month when we’ve already been waiting this long! Haha

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭GW88

Any1 in the April intake still awaiting dustrcy allocation letter?

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭rlwni

This thread is pretty much dead now haha.. not too many of us left. Didn’t think I’d ever see the day, 1509 coming to an end.

Anyone thats started tell me when you get your district allocation do they tell you what station you will be based at within the ones that have more than one? Trying to decide and afraid of choosing certain districts as one station is perfect location and other is not. Just looking some advice about it-big decision to make

• Advertisement

And i mean in big areas for example newry where you can be based in two main stations-ardmore and downpatrick

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭blueboat

No, your not told.

And do you get any say on it for specific circumstances or anything? Its made my decision harder

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Homer01

rlwni wrote: »
    And do you get any say on it for specific circumstances or anything? Its made my decision harder

You can express an interest in which station you would prefer and even which section to work in.
    Although it's really just an ask, nothing's guaranteed.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 scuba lad

You can't define which station from the off. Whilst in probabion you can express a interest to change within district.

Thanks so much!!! Helped out a very stressed woman!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭NiK9

Bet yous are all excited to be nearing the end of your campaign. Don't know how yous have hung on for soo long!
    I was wondering from "the call" roughly how many weeks notice is it until you walk into GV?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 GV2018

I think it was around 2/3 months for me

GV2018 wrote: »
    I think it was around 2/3 months for me

Thanks for the quick reply, that's a long time!! Every day of work leading up to it would drag in haha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭majgreen

NiK9 wrote: »
    Bet yous are all excited to be nearing the end of your campaign. Don't know how yous have hung on for soo long!
    I was wondering from "the call" roughly how many weeks notice is it until you walk into GV?

4/5 weeks unless you're in the reserves list

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 GV2018

I'll clarify that it was over 5 weeks until the induction then another 4 weeks or so until you actually start. But yes the induction is about 4/5 weeks after the call.

Anyone else get their phone call today?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

May squad?

Yep! Over the moon!

Told you's you'd get in lol

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭jwhdkl5736

1509 won't die :D:D:D

Pretty sure that's the list exhausted.

1710 have no more competition

Anyone else get their phone call today?!
    Yup got mine too!!!

Awesome sauce guys. Well done. Some very strong people to have waited this long.

• Advertisement

Well done everyone bet yous are over the moon. Good luck in GV

Advertisement