Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Kennedy v Ireland

Options
  • 04-03-2018 8:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Does anyone know where I can find the case files of the Kennedy and Arnold v Attorney General Case.. It's over the Irish phone tapping phone scandal? All help greatly appreciated !

Comments

eimzmc wrote: »
    Does anyone know where I can find the case files of the Kennedy and Arnold v Attorney General Case.. It's over the Irish phone tapping phone scandal? All help greatly appreciated !

What do you mean by case files?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 eimzmc

I'm not really sure what you'd call them,, it's for a history research topic! On courts.ie they post a legal diary of cases heard in the different Irish Courts. So I was just wondering if there was any kind of link to this particular trials court records?

I'm not really sure what you'd call them,, it's for a history research topic! On courts.ie they post a legal diary of cases heard in the different Irish Courts. So I was just wondering if there was any kind of link to this particular trials court records?

There is not. Don’t think there was a written decision but can’t be bothered searching.

For primary sources try the national archives (dept of justice papers from the era) but they are unlikely to contain matters relating to that issue. Worth a look though.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Anastasia_

The judgment is on Justis. I can forward it to you if you need.

Edit: just PM'd judgment to you

• Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭Time

http://www.bailii.org is a good free resource for judgments

• Advertisement

Anastasia_ wrote: »
    The judgment is on Justis. I can forward it to you if you need.

Edit: just PM'd judgment to you

Thank you so much again!! Great help :)

I’ll be sure to have a look! Thank you so much :)

There is not. Don’t think there was a written decision but can’t be bothered searching.

For primary sources try the national archives (dept of justice papers from the era) but they are unlikely to contain matters relating to that issue. Worth a look though.

Am actually taking a trip there soon! Thank you so much !! :)

Am actually taking a trip there soon! Thank you so much !! :)

Worth going for a couple of days. If you haven’t done it before it can take some time to get used to the way they operate but the staff are super helpful. Best of luck

Advertisement