Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PDC UK Open 2018 02/03 - 04/03. ITV4.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,621 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

Price missing D12 for a 9 darter, couldn't happen to a nicer guy...

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 39,494 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

West beats smith

Depending on the draw we could see an unheralded name in the final.

Hogan looks neat and tidy

TbL

Unlucky Hogan.

That was an excellent match

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

Hard luck Hogan, played great but didn't switch when needed. amazing achievement from a lesser known player though, who seems to love this tournament. I can't keep track of who's left at this stage, I think John part and price are the only 2 I know. Great stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

How's cadby doing can't watch

How's cadby doing can't watch

Beat Dobey, I reckon he'll fancy his chances of a good showings

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭FineAle

Price missing D12 for a 9 darter, couldn't happen to a nicer guy...

TbL

Me bollix!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,285 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Gary Anderson v Rob Cross.
    Corey Cadby v Gerwyn Price (these two had quite a feisty meeting before).
    John Part v Robert Owen.
    Dave Pallett v Steve West.

Don't know if anyone noticed that the 'from Butlins, Minehead' bit was being left off the pre-match introductions by John McDonald. Fairly deliberate I'd say, the venue/city always gets a mention.

Barry Hearn and the Butlins people were having a few pops at each other last night.
    https://dartsnews.com/hearn-blasts-butlins-uk-open-snub/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 641 ✭✭✭raiders11

Gary Anderson v Rob Cross.
    Corey Cadby v Gerwyn Price (these two had quite a feisty meeting before).
    John Part v Robert Owen.
    Dave Pallett v Steve West.

Don't know if anyone noticed that the 'from Butlins, Minehead' bit was being left off the pre-match introductions by John McDonald. Fairly deliberate I'd say, the venue/city always gets a mention.

Barry Hearn and the Butlins people were having a few pops at each other last night.
    https://dartsnews.com/hearn-blasts-butlins-uk-open-snub/

Will be some viewing for this tomorrow afternoon, 2 of the matches are more tasty than the 5 matches most Thursday evenings...

Have not been Cadby's biggest fan, as was judging the book by the cover but after hearing his interview earlier after beating Schindler, thought he came across pretty well.

• Advertisement

raiders11 wrote: »
    Will be some viewing for this tomorrow afternoon, 2 of the matches are more tasty than the 5 matches most Thursday evenings...

Have not been Cadby's biggest fan, as was judging the book by the cover but after hearing his interview earlier after beating Schindler, thought he came across pretty well.

Agreed. Hopefully he's maturing a bit, he seemed to be a bit of a dick a couple of seasons ago.

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭boomdocker

Wouldn't be Price's biggest fan, but he played great stuff, was 3-1 down I think with a 105isg ave but hung in and threw a great final leg in fairness

The match against Cadby will be something to see, although a pity they're not playing in front of a crowd

Cadby said in his interview he wanted to tone his game down, be interested to see if he can do that when Price is whoppin and hollerin :)

Pallet through to semi final

Pallet, Owen and cadby the semi final line up so far.

KevIRL wrote: »
    Pallet, Owen and cadby the semi final line up so far.

Cadby looked very good

TbL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 641 ✭✭✭raiders11

Cadby looked very good

TbL

Yep, he is getting to be very likeable too, fair play to him.

Anderson beats Cross

KevIRL wrote: »
    Anderson beats Cross

Steamrolled him after the break, winning 5 in a row. Very clinical hopefully him and Cadby in the final

TbL

Anderson v pallet
    Owen v Cadby

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭buster180

Have to say i am enjoying this darts without having to listen to morons roaring and shouting in the crowd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Petyr Baelish

See how Anderson puts his foot on the oche with his toe over the line? How is that legal? What's to stop someone taking that further so just their heel is on the floor? That would put you about 6 inches closer to the board.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Gotya

See how Anderson puts his foot on the oche with his toe over the line? How is that legal? What's to stop someone taking that further so just their heel is on the floor? That would put you about 6 inches closer to the board.

When he is throwing, his foot isn't over the oche, just something he does before he throws.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Petyr Baelish

Gotya wrote: »
    When he is throwing, his foot isn't over the oche, just something he does before he throws.

Yes, I see that now. I wonder why he does it.

Yes, I see that now. I wonder why he does it.

Loads of players do it. Even a few on my team. So you can find your position on the oche without taking your eyes off the board

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭crasy dash

Cadby going nicely Owen not pushing him at all.
    Absolutely lethal on the doubles so far.

crasy dash wrote: »
    Cadby going nicely Owen not pushing him at all.
    Absolutely lethal on the doubles so far.

Hopefully we'll get a decent final

TbL

Whole tournament has been shockingly bad really, not expecting a good final. Love to see Cadby win it

Whole tournament has been shockingly bad really, not expecting a good final. Love to see Cadby win it

Wasn't very high scoring alright but there were some exciting matches

TbL

Wasn't very high scoring alright but there were some exciting matches

TbL

Admittedly, I didn't watch any of it yesterday, but have been bored to death with what I did see. This is the last tournament till July too isn't it :-(

• Advertisement

Admittedly, I didn't watch any of it yesterday, but have been bored to death with what I did see. This is the last tournament till July too isn't it :-(

Today's matches have been poor on both the averages and excitement front. I've hardly left the house coz of storm Emma so I've watched a lot of it :)

TbL

Advertisement