Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good and bad online gambling websites?

Options
  • 02-03-2018 7:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭

Hi. What are some good & bad online gambling websites? Cheers.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭Worztron

Anyone tried online betting at https://www.paddypower.com/bet?

Must I pay money into a PP online account from my bank account via a Debit Card?
    Do they pay winnings directly into your bank account?
    How do I prove my age?

Edit: Or http://www.boylesports.com/betting/?

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Registered Users Posts: 11,844 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

It depends on how you define "good". Oddschecker.com is a great resource for research, it will compare odds from various markets like Home/Draw/Away, 1st Goalscorer, Total Cards and show who offers the best odds. Your best bet (:pac:) is to open up accounts with as many bookies as you can. They'll often offer sign-up bonuses like "Bet €10, Get A €10 Free Bet", so it would be worth your while learning about matched betting.

Debit/credit cards aren't the only way to top up your accounts. I use Paypal from time to time. You can withdraw to your bank account (or Paypal), it usually takes about 2 or 3 working days to show up.

To prove your age you just need to send in a high-res photo of some form of ID (e.g. driver's licence/passport), some bookies might also want you to verify your address, so you might also need to send a high-res photo/scan of a recent utility bill.

It depends on how you define "good". Oddschecker.com is a great resource for research, it will compare odds from various markets like Home/Draw/Away, 1st Goalscorer, Total Cards and show who offers the best odds. Your best bet (:pac:) is to open up accounts with as many bookies as you can. They'll often offer sign-up bonuses like "Bet €10, Get A €10 Free Bet", so it would be worth your while learning about matched betting.

Debit/credit cards aren't the only way to top up your accounts. I use Paypal from time to time. You can withdraw to your bank account (or Paypal), it usually takes about 2 or 3 working days to show up.

To prove your age you just need to send in a high-res photo of some form of ID (e.g. driver's licence/passport), some bookies might also want you to verify your address, so you might also need to send a high-res photo/scan of a recent utility bill.

Would the high res scans need to be handed in in person or sent via post?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Worztron wrote: »
    Would the high res scans need to be handed in in person or sent via post?

Sent in by email usually

• Registered Users Posts: 8,111 ✭✭✭dinneenp

For Paddy Power (and probably others) you can deposit in branch to your online account and withdraw online winnings instore too.

Paddy Power don't offer the best odds, probably Betfair (could be wrong).
    PP do fair amount of promotions & offers- pay out if team 2 nil up, refund all losing horses to fav as a free bet etc.

• Advertisement

Keep a record of all your bets in excel. It will be invaluable to you later when you try to refine your betting strategy.

Thanks for the info.

I will use LibreOffice Calc instead. ;-)

Advertisement