Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Team of Us

Options
  • 03-03-2018 8:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭

Am I the only one who this "Team of Us" absolutely bugs?? I literally turn it off when it's about to be said on Newstalk..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭its_phil

For the money Vodafone are pumping into Irish rugby, they can call them the Team of Gob****es for all I care

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

They've added plenty of behind the scenes content and video since they started where before there was almost nothing.

Also I think there's plenty of other more important stuff going on then an ad campaign you find annoying...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

They cant be doing it great job - this is the first I have noticed that line. And I follow more rugby than should be sensible for a grown man whose day job is a long way from guys running around a field fighting over a football.
    Though now I think of it, I do think the free-be flags at the internationals had the Vodafone logo on them. Cant say I have noticed Vodafone with a rugby link in general advertising however.
    Maybe I am just watching the rugby itself. Or have we all just become immune to sponsorship ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 393 ✭✭Didactic Ninja

as the much maligned Ewen McKenna would say " team of them" . the lads on second captains joked recently " if you are the best player in your class in one of about 9 Dublin schools, you'll probably play for Ireland". They reckoned getting to the top in rugby was easier than GAA or Soccer based on the demographic and societal issues involved.

they reckoned getting to the top in rugby was easier than GAA or Soccer based on the demographic and societal issues involved.

Did they not mean tougher - if you are not in one of the nine schools, and you probably arent, then your chances are slim of reaching the standard they set with their high level coaching, competition, and greenhouse identification and growing of the talent at their disposal ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,196 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

I'm struggling to name nine Dublin schools that current Irish players went to. Sure it wasn't nine schools from around the country?

prawnsambo wrote: »
    I'm struggling to name nine Dublin schools that current Irish players went to. Sure it wasn't nine schools from around the country?

Maybe. But that probably just a bit of political correctness to recognise Belfast and Cork. In truth, where would our international team be without the resources supplied it by Rock, Marys, Clongowes, Belvo, and Michaels. Its extraordinary really. If ever the cut to their public funding comes about, the IRFU should step in and acknowledge the debt owed.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Maybe. But that probably just a bit of political correctness to recognise Belfast and Cork. In truth, where would our international team be without the resources supplied it by Rock, Marys, Clongowes, Belvo, and Michaels. Its extraordinary really. If ever the cut to their public funding comes about, the IRFU should step in and acknowledge the debt owed.
    :D
    Not the thread but please god some of the funding to these schools is cut.
    The sport has a lot to thank to these schools but major criticism for reliance on them/over focus on them as it held sport back considerably in many areas because of resulting thought as sport being posh sport

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 393 ✭✭Didactic Ninja

prawnsambo wrote: »
    You could be right . It was something like that .

Advertisement