Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Beast in The Southeast

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,783 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

I've a large writ here with Evelyn Cusack's name on the top. I feel shortchanged.

patience, a lot of precipitation forecast during the night, and relatively high winds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Tis rather beautiful out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,544 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Tis rather beautiful out there.

Brings back memories of '82. I feel like taking a big hike right about now....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Getting bad out there now,if this keeps up for the night we'll be snowed in for days!

Remember it's very very fine dry snow, think of it like a massive pillow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,017 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Getting bad out there now,if this keeps up for the night we'll be snowed in for days!

Where roughly are you in the city? Where I am doesn't seem to have done much since about 9pm.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

Where roughly are you in the city? Where I am doesn't seem to have done much since about 9pm.

Easily 2 - 3 foot in my garden/neighbours garden at the moment in somerville in Tramore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 814 ✭✭✭debok

Bout foot of snow outside my place. Dunmore road well covered and its still coming down heavy. Forecast was pretty spot on in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,715 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Saw some dope in a corsa barely moving down the road. Wheels not even visible.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,280 ✭✭✭jmcc

Dunmore road seems well covered. Over two feet or so in drifts. Almost 1982ish but not quite yet.

Regards...jmcc

• Advertisement

Hard to know how much more fell over night but it's coming down steadily today. A small drift against my back and front doors. It certainly feels like this will still be with us for the weekend unless the thaw is rapid.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,280 ✭✭✭jmcc

I've a large writ here with Evelyn Cusack's name on the top. I feel shortchanged.
    Can you still find it under all that snow? :)

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users Posts: 6,657 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

That warning yesterday for 4pm was a bit premature in my view, could easily have been pushed out to 6 or 7pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,372 ✭✭✭JohnC.

That warning yesterday for 4pm was a bit premature in my view, could easily have been pushed out to 6 or 7pm.

You know it wasn't specific to Waterford, right? It started elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,544 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

JohnC. wrote: »

How very dare you! even the dogs on the streets of dublin town know the epicenter of the known universe is the Apple Market in Waterford City.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

are there any shops open today? Would guess Dunphys might try as they live beside it

right call in my view, humans have a tendency to ignore warnings with specific timing anyway, so it was a good idea to have the streets and roads empty by the time it truly kicked in

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭south

are there any shops open today? Would guess Dunphys might try as they live beside it

londis dunmore road is open until 12 I think

• Registered Users Posts: 6,657 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

JohnC. wrote: »

I know that (thanks for the weather lesson though). But by 6pm even on the news conditions were still pretty much the same all over the country as they had been since early yesterday morning so a push out to 6pm would have been reasonable.

I know that (thanks for the weather lesson though). But by 6pm even on the news conditions were still pretty much the same all over the country as they had been since early yesterday morning so a push out to 6pm would have been reasonable.

If they'd changed the 4 PM to 6 PM and got caught out the Met would get pelters as would the gubberment and the kind of people who complain about being too cautious would complain about being left stranded out due to poor forecasting. It's always best to go with a conservative timeline. Weather can change very quickly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

City Square, Georges Court, Tesco and LIDL closed today. Looks like Aldi and Ardkeen Stores pushing ahead with a later opening time. Think its disgraceful myself. What are staff to do? If you don't go in, you won't get paid more than likely. Awful situation to be put in. :rolleyes:

just heard emergency services around my area, hope everything is ok

• Registered Users Posts: 37,716 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

this is unbelievable never seen anything like this in person before

pissed off at being stuck in though

Just said on the radio that dunphys are open

PTH2009 wrote: »
    this is unbelievable never seen anything like this in person before

pissed off at being stuck in though

get the hell outside, tis lovely out!

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Alpha Centauri

Any Photos of the madness and mayhem ??????

• Registered Users Posts: 28,018 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Ahh no, I couldn't follow the plot, bit too existential for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,018 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Meanwhile the local Centra has a queue out the door and across the road...

• Advertisement

looksee wrote: »
    Meanwhile the local Centra has a queue out the door and across the road...

Outside spar Kilcohan and the same outside lismore park

28378613_1730162297070554_1022864234163994290_n.jpg?oh=dd4c90a2343870232e5139198853c5c3&oe=5B13221D

28660997_1730162303737220_4208457943496504388_n.jpg?oh=24e0e40e4ad7af420ece394e5624f425&oe=5B4BBF46

Advertisement