Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have we become a nation of hysterical wimps?

Options
  • 01-03-2018 8:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭

A little bit of snow and we decide to shut the country down. In all fairness is 6-12 inches really going to kill anybody?

50 mins of Six One News was dedicated to the frickin WEATHER!!!
    STAY INDOORS! STOCK UP!
    God help us if we ever have to face a real emergency.

Maybe its just me but I really think this has been a total overreaction bordering on panic by Met Éireann and the National Co-ordinated Meltdown centre.

All that's really needed is for people to behave sensibly and take proper precautions given your prevailing weather conditions.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Isn't there already a thread for this nonsense?

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭dharma200

PHEW someone started the NO weather thread. Maybe all the gowls posting in the other thread about NO weather might come over here.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,430 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I look forward to your weather reports OP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Ajsoprano

I got 2 and a half days off work already and a day off for the last storm.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

Yet if they did nothing and loads of people were injured or killed there’s be nationals outrage as well.

I agree with taking common sense precautions though. The thing about common sense though is that it’s not too common. The warnings are for the people.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭VonZan

Parts of the country are impassable at the minute. We don’t have or need the infrastructure to clear continual snowfall throughout parts of the country. If you don’t tell people to stay indoors all sorts of gombeens would be overwhelming our emergency services.

It’s just a day or two. Get over it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Mod note

Closing This - there’s already a thread discussing weather warnings HERE

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement