Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Weather Snow / Ice Weds 28 FEB ( Onwards ) ** READ MOD NOTE POST#1**

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

LESS OF THE CORK - DUBLIN RUBBISH OR I WILL JUST DELETE POSTS AND DISH OUT CARDS

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

John.Icy wrote: »
    Netweather radar isn't picking up any of the current streaming affecting the lower half of Dublin - a quick check on ME and there is plenty on the way!

I was just looking there and see nothing approaching Lusk... planning to call it a night on that basis. Might still set my alarm for 4am though and see how things are going.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Rougies wrote: »
    What, all the congratulations and well wishes from Dublin posters? :confused:

Era it's the minority as usual making the majority look bad, but the knobs that basically said we were all overexaggerating as it's snow that Dubland regularly gets 😖

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭NMB

Is the snow from Emma expected to the powdery snow? I was thinking it was gonna be the wet snow since it's coming from the south , but then again it's actually meeting the colder air so if it's powdery snow then it's even better

Powdery because of the east wind - but I could be corrected

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭Brae100

This is all overhyped.
    It's sunny out here and I just went for a jog.
    My employees will be coming in tomorrow.

Ah, I remember them days.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Netweather radar isn't picking up any of the current streaming affecting the lower half of Dublin - a quick check on ME and there is plenty on the way!

443638.png

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭Timistry

Mr.Boots wrote: »
    Huge clouds forming over uk/ wales

From NW radar? seems to be a lot of false echo's recently

• Registered Users Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭Rougies

Netweather (free) radar is terrible for Dublin today (pro version seems a lot better). Wales radar keeps going offline, Belfast radar can't see properly past any heavy showers between Belfast and Dublin, and the accuracy is off by a few km. Best to stick to Met.ie radar for position and only use netweather as an extra guide.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,144 ✭✭✭pad199207

If this keeps up this intensity this is well on its way to beating last night!

2010 smashed for me now!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,386 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Latest radar shows a lot of South Dublin covered - dunno what you are on about

• Advertisement

Brae100 wrote: »
    This is all overhyped.
    It's sunny out here and I just went for a jog.
    My employees will be coming in tomorrow.

Ah, I remember them days.

I was in Junction 14 Garage on the M7 today about 17:00 and in walked a fella with 2 kids , Big Wooly Hat , Big heavy Jacket and shorts !!!

I took a pic to show the lads as it was chucking snow and -1 on the dashboard ( I know its not accurate )

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

Damp squib.

pad199207 wrote: »

2010 smashed for me now!

What happened in 2010 :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

This is unreal to be honest now

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭otherfrog

Windows are covered in snow here now. I’m speechless watching this. This is a fckin blizzard!

Haha same, I tried to get some video of this but it's pointless with my phone.

This is going to lead to big drifts surely?

It's falling sideways and fast so it doesn't seem to be settling on car roofs at the moment.

2010 smashed for me now!

Swoon !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

So what you are all saying,is there's not any chance of the Dublin-Kerry game going ahead on Saturday night ?

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭snowstorm445

Heavy snow here for the past hour or so. Streamers have got their act together. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,386 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Bret Hart wrote: »
    So what you are all saying,is there's not any chance of the Dublin-Kerry game going ahead on Saturday night ?

Nope, this is between Cork and Dublin now - snowballs at the ready!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Alarm set, ready for a morning walk in the snow in Cork. Incredible scene outside, in the city. Never seen it like this, really is astonishing. I know it wasn't exactly forecast, but we knew snow was coming so fair play to the lads in the know that post here. I've learned a lot the last few days and enjoyed looking on here. Goodnight.

Saganist wrote: »
    Damp squib.[/quote it will get better I promise

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

Windows are covered in snow here now. I’m speechless watching this. This is a fckin blizzard!

Glad I’ve a Mac

/gets coat (it’s a mac)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

Heavy snow here for the past hour or so. Streamers have got their act together. :)

where abouts? nothing falling here now in d14.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭Rougies

fritzelly wrote: »
    Nope, this is between Cork and Dublin now - snowballs at the ready!

It will be settled in a more gentlemanly manner. Rulers at sunrise.

What happened in 2010 :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

This is unreal to be honest now

Is this just real life or is this just fanta sea ...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭SD_DRACULA

this thread is insane, went to watch a movie 2 hrs ago and it had two pages. came back thinking it would be at 10 or so

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Gonna call it a night here, been snowing pretty much non-stop since 5pm in North Kildare, around 14cm on the level when I checked a few hours ago with drifts over 30cm so if this keeps up all night then there should be some nice totals by morning

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭snowstorm445

BLIZZARD7 wrote: »
    where abouts? nothing falling here now in d14.

Ringsend/Grand Canal Dock area.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Zurbaran

Snowing again here in D4 after everything missing us for hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

ED E wrote: »
    Low enough.

Wind is enemy #1 to power lines. Snow can only take them out by overloading trees which is less likely.

That and ice loading can add extra weight to the conductor and pull down poles and insulators etc.
    Also the conductor contracts in cold weather so in effect becomes tighter which can cause overhead lines to snap when the extra ice weight is added on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭Timistry

SD_DRACULA wrote: »
    this thread is insane, went to watch a movie 2 hrs ago and it had two pages. came back thinking it would be at 10 or so

Wait until tomorrow! If maplin only sold F5 keys they could be saved (the robbing baxtards!)

Advertisement