Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Imperial Garden Cork Rd

Options
  • 24-02-2018 5:10pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 93 ✭✭

Is this Chinese closed? Loved the food in there

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭Deisegodeo

Is this Chinese closed? Loved the food in there

Damaged by fire around Christmas, has been closed since. Not sure of any details but I'd imagine they will re-open, seemed to be doing well

• Registered Users Posts: 14,048 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

From one of the guys who works there it is due to reopen the beginning of March. The owner went to China after the fire, ordered all the kitchen equipment and that there and it's on a boat from China. The slow boat obviously, he is currently working in the sister restaurant while it's closed. He is confident it will be March but he said maybe not he doesn't know for sure. If be surprised if it didnt reopen personally

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭kuang1

Bad history of fires in Chinese restaurants in Waterford isn't there?
    They've terrible luck altogether! (Cough)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,048 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

kuang1 wrote: »
    Bad history of fires in Chinese restaurants in Waterford isn't there?
    They've terrible luck altogether! (Cough)

You would assume though, that if one of the busiest restaurants in the town was going to burn itself down for the insurance (I assume you are getting at) they would do it after the bumper Christmas period instead of just before it?

Is there a bad history though? How many has there been?

I can remember 1 for sure

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭kuang1

I don't know the answer to this...but could a business' insurance policy cover loss of earnings I wonder?

Anyway apart from the one most of us know about, I was also thinking of this:

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/owner-set-fire-to-restaurant-in-swindle-bid-29078998.html

• Advertisement
Advertisement