Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PSNI Recruitment 1509 Campaign

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭GW88

rlwni wrote: »
    Hey guys passed medical yesterday, im sitting on 57.75 from AC. We were told yesterday we were the last left out of this campaign. On the list were no more than 15 people, so im guessing us plus whoever was left still on the merit list will be the final recruits through from 1509. Its been a long haul but for us its going at superspeed. Looking likely to be april intake-even though that is so soon, out of interest how long before each intake does the call go out? And from the induction how soon is the start date? We think we know the induction date due to one of the people knowing someone in GV

All being well calls next week for April intake

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭rlwni

Ah its so close cant gety head round it! Sooner the better i suppose haha. Who all on here still waiting?

rlwni wrote: »
    Ah its so close cant gety head round it! Sooner the better i suppose haha. Who all on here still waiting?

Yup it’s about 5 weeks roughly from phone call to start date

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Robocop2k16

Well done guys. If that is the case then, if they don’t start rolling PCAs for 1710 soon there will be a few months with no intakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭jwhdkl5736

Well done guys. If that is the case then, if they don’t start rolling PCAs for 1710 soon there will be a few months with no intakes.

How can they without receiving a merit list before May?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

Maxi515 wrote: »

Were you not told that they may be progressing people to PCA before the AC results date?...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Goonerdee

Were you not told that they may be progressing people to PCA before the AC results date?...

If they do it will be for people who get nearly a perfect score in AC. Personally I can’t see that happening, but you never know.

Goonerdee wrote: »
    If they do it will be for people who get nearly a perfect score in AC. Personally I can’t see that happening, but you never know.

Well that rules me out! :pac: I'd be lucky if I make the merit list after that performance. So much worse than 1509...ughhh.

'Earlier phased processing may be necessary'. I thought that was code for 'hopefully we'll be ahead of schedule but we probably won't'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Robocop2k16

Let’s just use what time we have to step up the fiz for the PCA if we are lucky enough to get there. Last thing you want is to fall at that hurdle, Pun intended.

• Advertisement

Let’s just use what time we have to step up the fiz for the PCA if we are lucky enough to get there. Last thing you want is to fall at that hurdle, Pun intended.

I see what you did there 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭goodburger1

Just out of curiosity, all you 1509er's getting the call around about this time, how many times have you been tested for the PCA. Did it needs to be renewed after every six months?

The answer is way back in the thread.

Those tgat were delayed entry because of the cheating got an extension but yes PCA expires after 6 months
    No it doesn't. Only have to do it the once. It all changed.

Just out of curiosity, all you 1509er's getting the call around about this time, how many times have you been tested for the PCA. Did it needs to be renewed after every six months?

Those tgat were delayed entry because of the cheating got an extension but yes PCA expires after 6 months

I seriously doubt you got an unlimited PCA. If the worse was to happen and a recruitment freeze was to come into effect for a year, you'd have to re do it... You got an extension...

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Chucky1011

I seriously doubt you got an unlimited PCA. If the worse was to happen and a recruitment freeze was to come into effect for a year, you'd have to re do it... You got an extension...

Funny the email all the 1509’s got states different!

Chucky1011 wrote: »

I've seen my mates 😂

No mention of a forever PCA

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭shanevendrell

Your mates are lying to you.

All 1509 PCA's were valid for the full length of the campaign after an email was sent out last year confirming so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 cuckoo123

Delete

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Homer01

I've seen my mates 😂

Wrong again. Get new mates!!

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭goodburger1

Chucky1011 wrote: »

I've seen my mates 😂

All people on this campaign only had to do it once if they passed. Not an extension. Did u pass yours?

Only to do it the once. So wrong info has been relayed to you and you have been misinformed

• Advertisement

Today is the day I can sense it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Joeydefish8

On a scale of 1 to keep an eye on the phone...... do we reckon calls will go out today?

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭recruit099

I would say it’s more next week or week after for calls

Dunno gong in previous intakes it’s the end of the month they go out also with potential date in April it would add up to calls going today. Sure it’s a big waiting game

Do we reckon this week? I’ve heard through the pipeline next induction is in 3 weeks with a start date of the end of april, so that would mean calls within the next few days surely?

Anyone had any news?

It would be nice if there was

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Joeydefish8

5 weeks since last calls tomorrow GW88. I would hazard a guess tomorrow would be the day.......

5 weeks since last calls tomorrow GW88. I would hazard a guess tomorrow would be the day.......

Would be pretty awesome if they are be a nice boost to a crappy few days. #manflu sucks lol

• Advertisement

GW88 wrote: »

Would be pretty awesome if they are be a nice boost to a crappy few days. #manflu sucks lol

Hahaha GW88 none of that if we get to GV .. manflu.. a fella on the radio said he reckons its worse than childbirth, ha!

And oh I really hope tomorrow is the day, I need to know this is all real

Advertisement