Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which soap area would you live in if you had the choice?

• 12-02-2018 3:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30,131 ✭✭✭✭

I'd live in Emmerdale on Home Farm. I'd probably be the Tate's ugly cousin. I also think I'd like the area more than the soaps set in the cities.

Which soap area would you live in if you had the choice?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Mutant z

With all the murders, arsons and kidnappings on top of everything else it would be far too much for me to handle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

I'd live in Carraigstown as a kettle salesman, make millions so I would.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

Cornation Street. Live on the street, work on the street, drink on the street, eat on the street, love on the street, fight on the street......

The amount of money and time I could save !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,657 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Carrigstown. If I ever forgot something in Spar I know there are always a dozen members in the shop at any time day or night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭La_Gordy

Coronation Street - as it's the logical step in completing ma pursuit of pumping Peter Barlow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,986 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

I don't watch them but Home And Away or Neighbors, for the weather.. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭kopite386

Summer bay or Ramsey Street :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

My village is already a bit like Emmerdale. Small and everyone knows each other.

Even had my own storyline there a few months ago when a random women flipped out at me in the local pub because I was talking to a man at the bar who I know well enough and must be in his mid eighties so I'm not sure what that was all about :confused::)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Great question OP. I would choose walford square..... Eastenders. They seem to have better knees up especially around Christmas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

Chester

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

Hollyoaks

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭smaoifs

Summer Bay. I'd live in a caravan for a couple of days before somehow ending up loving with Irene or Alf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

Hollyoaks lovely eye candy.

smaoifs wrote: »
    somehow ending up loving with Irene or Alf.

now that would be a good storyline! A love triangle with Irene and Alf :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Lackey

Home and away
    The healthcare there is second to none!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

If I could speak Welsh fluently, then Cwmderi. :D:D;)

a38b0e4718b7c62647cc4661fdbae92d--tv-set-design-welsh.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭LoughNeagh2017

I did used to live in the area Coronation Street is based on, 10 minutes walk from the old set and the view from my window was the tower blocks that used to be in the old opening titles in 70s, 80s. The only thing realistic about it is the Asian run corner shops.

Lorelli! wrote: »
    My village is already a bit like Emmerdale. Small and everyone knows each other.

Even had my own storyline there a few months ago when a random women flipped out at me in the local pub because I was talking to a man at the bar who I know well enough and must be in his mid eighties so I'm not sure what that was all about :confused::)

The second episode of this happened the other night when my oh and I went for a small drink. Saw the man and said to him "what was that all about with that woman?" and he said "it made my day to have two young women fighting over me" :confused: Eh maybe she was, i wasnt! The cheek of him :)

Then later, he shouted across the bar "it's younger looking you're gettin" which I thought was a nice compliment until he turned to my oh and said "it must be gentle you're treating her, is it?" :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Carrigstown, I'd go around causing trouble, ruffle a few feathers, get into a few bar brawls and steal all the lads women from them, I'd be the new Tommy Dillon.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,131 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Carrigstown, I'd go around causing trouble, ruffle a few feathers, get into a few bar brawls and steal all the lads women from them, I'd be the new Tommy Dillon.

You'd be asking for trouble having two rams so close together!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

You'd be asking for trouble having two rams so close together!

We'll have a massive brawl on the street over crusty voice carol.....liven things up a bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Ghekko

Summer Bay or Ramsay Street as I know if I ever needed hospital care I'd get my own room and a doctor who is an expert in every field. Also I'd be able to frequent cafes and restaurants all the time because I assume money must grow on trees over there. My kids would also love it there because schools don't seem to be open much. We'd have a great time.

Ghekko wrote: »
    Summer Bay or Ramsay Street as I know if I ever needed hospital care I'd get my own room and a doctor who is an expert in every field. Also I'd be able to frequent cafes and restaurants all the time because I assume money must grow on trees over there. My kids would also love it there because schools don't seem to be open much. We'd have a great time.

To the best of my knowledge Sally in Home and Away became a teacher in no time and quickly became school principal. Leah also became a teacher/school Councillor by doing a day course!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Ferndale (Shortland Street), because who wouldn't want to live in New Zealand, also you've pretty much got Doctors and Nurses on tap, in case of emergency.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Technically not a soap, but Letherbridge in Doctors. The Mill surgery is great, and so is the Campus

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Summer Bay. I'd spend my days mooching around drinking coffee, and going to the beach to clear my head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Sorry about that

Glenroe

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,100 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Wandin Valley ('A Country Practice'), where hardly anyone ever died.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,899 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

Eastenders ..when Grant was in it :o

• Advertisement

Regarding Irish soaps/dramas.
    I liked where The Clinic(2003=2009) was set.

Advertisement