Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment 1509 Campaign

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

No Appointment letters lying about, it will be on it...

Or if your GP surgery uses an app for apoointments should be on your account info

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭rlwni

Hey everyone sorry if this has been asked but can anyone confirm where they told about april and may intakes? Just off the phone to recruitment but due to not having done my medical yet she had to be very vague with me as I am not currently appointable. If anyone could let me know even by private message that would be great, if you are waiting on ‘the call’ they caj be more open with what is happening over the phone. Although she did give me slight heart failure saying that they have closed campaigns before with appointable candidates still in it. Scary.

And has an FOI been done regarding how many candidates are left? Im currently on a 57.75 score with my medical next week. She told me all calls for march had been done and that there is an april intake, surely I would not be in the april intake if all goes as planned?

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭recruit099

As long as you pass medical etc you should be fine I’d say, and I wasn’t told anything about any other dates myself sorry!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 PumpinRon

E-learning accounts reactivated on Thursday.

recruit099 wrote: »
    As long as you pass medical etc you should be fine I’d say, and I wasn’t told anything about any other dates myself sorry!
    How long after medical did yous hear about passing? I should pass all of that nothing wrong with me (that I know of haha)

rlwni wrote: »
    How long after medical did yous hear about passing? I should pass all of that nothing wrong with me (that I know of haha)
    We were given results of Medical within 24hrs. I don't see how or why you wouldn't make the April intake.

PumpinRon wrote: »
    We were given results of Medical within 24hrs. I don't see how or why you wouldn't make the April intake.

Yeah you pass or fail within 24 hours of seeing the nurses, then a further 10 days for drugs test but as long as it’s soon I don’t see how you won’t make it!

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Anotherhopeful

Yeah you pass or fail within 24 hours of seeing the nurses, then a further 10 days for drugs test but as long as it’s soon I don’t see how you won’t make it!

My drugs test took 3 weeks so don't go by the 10 days recruitment said it usually takes 2 weeks

• Advertisement

My drugs test took 3 weeks so don't go by the 10 days recruitment said it usually takes 2 weeks

Must be dodgy.... haha

Given that my medical is the very end of this month do they not tend to give a good 4-5 weeks notice, don’t see how I would make the april intake, I’m guessing May, but then I’m hoping there is enough people left for an intake in May, when would the calls be going out for the april intake? Im changing my holiday and all this week to next yr I swear see if I end up not gettn in for months I will lose the plot again haha

Medical is next week. I really think april is too far off, given that I would have to give my 4 weeks notice to my current employer I don’t think april would be possible. Do you all think a may intake will happen? Or maybe it will get pushed back a week or two in april to accomodate for the delay in drug test results etc, who knows.

Considering squads have passed out with like 14 people in them, folk in GV can attest to this fact by looking at grad photos, you's should be ok

Just dropped the truth bomb on my boss - he took it quite well!

Thanks for the advice guys, hoping april/may if all goes to plan next week!!

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭KN1231999

wanted to pop by and say congrats to all of you who endured to the very end and putting blood sweat and tears into getting to where you are now, you are all examples to people like me that its all possible with a little hard work, every single one of you 1509'ers deserve the call. ive got my AC coming up from the most recent campaign and hopefully i can follow in your foot steps and the people after me can follow in my footsteps :)
    KN

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭goodburger1

Considering squads have passed out with like 14 people in them, folk in GV can attest to this fact by looking at grad photos, you's should be ok
    This is correct, but the class didn't start out that way. There was many more in it than 14

This is correct, but the class didn't start out that way. There was many more in it than 14

Aye, but the attrition rate wasnt like 90 percent, squad was what 30 to start with or was it one of the tiny squads of 20-25?

Quick question, what did people wear for medical (im female lol) and do you need appointment email printed? I always print these things then never need them, thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Anotherhopeful

Quick question, what did people wear for medical (im female lol) and do you need appointment email printed? I always print these things then never need them, thanks
    Medical I went in gym leggings and a hoodie appointment email no just have it on your phone make sure you bring id tho the nurses check it

I was only asked for ID on the day of the medical, but sod's !aw says that if you don't bring the appointment letter you'll be asked for it!

Thanks guys for the sake of 2 minutes printing I’ll just bring it to be safe :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Robocop2k16

What scores are left for the 1509 guys? Think that campaign will be wrapped up by summer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Arestel22

What scores are left for the 1509 guys? Think that campaign will be wrapped up by summer?

Seen in the last intake scores of 55.75 getting a call, I scraped through with a 55 so I assume there can’t be many left in this campaign!

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭jwhdkl5736

Just out of curiosity, all you 1509er's getting the call around about this time, how many times have you been tested for the PCA. Did it needs to be renewed after every six months?

Maxi515 wrote: »
    Just out of curiosity, all you 1509er's getting the call around about this time, how many times have you been tested for the PCA. Did it needs to be renewed after every six months?

The answer is way back in the thread.

Those tgat were delayed entry because of the cheating got an extension but yes PCA expires after 6 months

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭jwhdkl5736

Are people on like their third PCA or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Robocop2k16

The pca is phased out based on AC score so they did not do it for the first time until perhaps early this year or late 2017.

• Advertisement

Hey guys passed medical yesterday, im sitting on 57.75 from AC. We were told yesterday we were the last left out of this campaign. On the list were no more than 15 people, so im guessing us plus whoever was left still on the merit list will be the final recruits through from 1509. Its been a long haul but for us its going at superspeed. Looking likely to be april intake-even though that is so soon, out of interest how long before each intake does the call go out? And from the induction how soon is the start date? We think we know the induction date due to one of the people knowing someone in GV

Advertisement