Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adults with imaginary friends

Options
  • 06-02-2018 11:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

I've heard stories of people who have had imaginary friends as children and then grow into adulthood and still see them (like John Nash). Do you know any?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Anyone who is a religious believer

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭corner of hells

I've heard stories of people who have had imaginary friends as children and then grow into adulthood and still see them (like John Nash). Do you know any?

"Speed" , the drug , used give me hallucinations a bit like what your talking about, I believe if you sniff petrol , it does something similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Are Am Eye

Sure do you remember I was only chatting to yourself and Napoleon Bonaparte apart about this last Thursday. When we were going over to Harvey's house.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,524 ✭✭✭Hoboo

I've heard stories of people who have had imaginary friends

This site is full of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Jurgen Klopp

I'm not being funny but if an adult genuinely claimed to be seeing an imaginary friend all the time and was talking to them shouldn't a friend or family member be telling their GP immediately for acessment?

• Advertisement

I remember Sally in Home and Away had an imaginary friend "Milko"
    At one stage bad guy Dodge started telling Sally that Milko was hanging around with him now, And Milko didn't like Sally anymore. Much to her distress. It all got sorted out in the end though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Watch out!!! We got a bad-ass over here!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,180 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

How do you know there is an atheist in the room?
    .... Oh you'll know..

....You'll know... Lol.

Perhaps you are an imagining of God's?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭4Ad

I have an imaginary girlfiend,
    But only for a few minutes the odd day !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭James 007

I have 2 to 3 imaginary friends, usually i talk to them late at night, mostly weekends, usually when I am drinking ice tea from a bottle. One is called J D and the other friend is called John Power. I cant remember the third imaginary friend. My friend Paddy thinks Im half mad when he comes to visit me, he probably thinks I am talking to myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Jack Kanoff

I've just been to an imaginary sex party...ah nuts .wrong thread .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭lulu1

Don't know about adults but my neighbour looked after her grand daughter when her mum went to work . Every day she would hear the child talking and laughing in the bedroom where she kept her toys. She thought nothing off it but one day she went to the room and says to the child, Whats all the talking and laughing about today? to which the reply was.

Oh me and mentions name are having great fun. Neighbour said the shivers ran through her and she had to phone her husband to come home from work.

The child's imaginery friend turned out to be the man who owned the land that the grannys house was built on and was dead over 40 years. There was no way on this earth that the child ever heard the man's name mentioned

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Prove him wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭ThinkProgress

Okay, which of them dirty priests was it this time?

Name and shame! :pac:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,636 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

lulu1 wrote: »
    Don't know about adults but my neighbour looked after her grand daughter when her mum went to work . Every day she would hear the child talking and laughing in the bedroom where she kept her toys. She thought nothing off it but one day she went to the room and says to the child, Whats all the talking and laughing about today? to which the reply was.

Oh me and mentions name are having great fun. Neighbour said the shivers ran through her and she had to phone her husband to come home from work.

The child's imaginery friend turned out to be the man who owned the land that the grannys house was built on and was dead over 40 years. There was no way on this earth that the child ever heard the man's name mentioned
    What was the name? Probably Patrick or James or something

Or else r/thathappened

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

A childhood friend had an imaginary friend called Milco. Wonder if that came to anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,127 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

John Nash was a paranoid schizophrenic, that probably explains the imaginary friends. If an adult was seeing things like that it would be a very worrying symptom of possible mental illness!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Atoms for Peace

You've always got a friend in Jebus.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Mr. Squigglesby does not like the term "imaginary", he identifies as a person of non-corporeal existence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,165 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

Donald Trump has an imaginary friend called Many-people-are-saying, whom he regularly quotes in his tweets.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Foweva Awone

Are Am Eye wrote: »
    At one stage bad guy Dodge started telling Sally that Milko was hanging around with him now, And Milko didn't like Sally anymore. Much to her distress. It all got sorted out in the end though.

Didn't he turn out to be real, he was her twin brother? Or something!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Warn a guy. I almost cut myself on the edginess of this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Prove him wrong.

Prove him right.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭draiochtanois

This post has been deleted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭pleas advice

Prove him wrong.

He made the claim, it's up to him to back it up...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

Are Am Eye wrote: »

Theatre of the absurd. Brilliant.

If Beckett were alive today, he would be on the first plane to Aus.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,941 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Harvey is on Film4 now. The king of imaginary friends.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,335 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Tulpa - Have a look at this - https://www.tulpa.info/what-is-a-tulpa/
    The world is a strange place.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭jigglypuffstuff

Supercell wrote: »
    Tulpa - Have a look at this - https://www.tulpa.info/what-is-a-tulpa/
    The world is a strange place.

Highly strange...tulpas and egregores are not something I'd be inclined know a whole lot about..but from what I've read on the topic..it appears they are not something to go "playing with"

Advertisement