Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Derry Girls

• 05-01-2018 9:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭

Watched it last night and really enjoyed it. Laughed out loud quite a few times. The blonde overacted a bit and the accents were a bit off in places (as was the geography) but the humour more than made up for these indiscretions :D

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Enjoyed it, will certainly watch it again next week.

A very promising start

• Registered Users Posts: 5,777 ✭✭✭appledrop

Tonight's episode is crap. Very disappointed as so good first two weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Penfailed

appledrop wrote: »
    Tonight's episode is crap. Very disappointed as so good first two weeks.

I didn't think it was crap...but it wasn't just as good as the first two. It was verging on ripping off Fr. Ted at one stage.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭9or10

Yes. I "forgive" them a bit because I think they're trying to find their feet. I've felt from the get go that there were too many plots floating around and that maybe less is more.

I'm hanging in - fingers crossed.

It has remained very strong IMHO. Funny as fuck sometimes. Only one episode left of the series unfortunately :(

• Advertisement

Penfailed wrote: »
    It has remained very strong IMHO. Funny as fuck sometimes. Only one episode left of the series unfortunately :(

Season 2 will be along soon enough

• Registered Users Posts: 32,940 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

My MIL still has a sterling purse and a euro purse.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

NIMAN wrote: »
    My MIL still has a sterling purse and a euro purse.
    I have a sterling pocket and a euro pocket. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Must say I am enjoying it

biko wrote: »
    Must say I am enjoying it

Same here. I've enjoyed every episode so far.

One of the rare occasions when I'm actually conscious that the show is about to be on on a Thursday evening! whereas normally I'd always forget about a show being on on a given evening.

• Advertisement

Season 2 will be along soon enough

If you call soon enough 'next year' then you're right...:P
    smashey wrote: »
    I have a sterling pocket and a euro pocket. :D

Me too!
    One of the rare occasions when I'm actually conscious that the show is about to be on on a Thursday evening! whereas normally I'd always forget about a show being on on a given evening.

Yep!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Sheridan81

I'm not a fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭IP freely

Sheridan81 wrote: »
    I'm not a fan.

Thanks for your enlightening input, with a full in depth explanation as to why you don't like the show, 4 months since the last post on the thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Sheridan81

To be fair, I've contributed more to the thread than you have. At least I'm on topic.

The mural on the gable wall of Badgers looks great! Some skill involved in spray painting the characters on a wall like that :cool:

Advertisement