Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Match preview & thread: FRA vs IRE (Sat Feb 3, 1645)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

I'm shaking lads....... what a finish!

How often do those long range drop goal to win a game come off?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 393 ✭✭Didactic Ninja

cracks papered over

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Was that over 40 phases?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

I’m sure that will disappoint a lot of posters here. That’s phenomenal from Ireland not giving up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭pajor

This isn’t good for the heart :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭mangobob

Im in fupping bits. Emotions all over the place after that. Chr*st.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,405 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Wow. Awesome. One of those moments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,490 ✭✭✭swiwi_

Lucky! Against a team with a new coach the 2 things lacking will be fluid attack and structured defence. So much one up carries which suited the French to a tee, Schmidt needs to look at that.

But a class drop for the victory.

My Irish MOTM was Leavy.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,064 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

It can't be a coincidence that we were not very good for much of that game and the coverage is now on TV3....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,232 ✭✭✭tanko

Why is not rolling away from a ruck not a penalty in the last play of a game but it is at any other stage?

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,556 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Amazing kick, but there are loads of things we need to improve on massively. We got out of jail today, and were brought close by a pretty poor team. Yea, there’s all the old cliches about test rugby but we can and should play much, much better than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

How that we win that ????

I thought Johnny's kick was going short and wide, terrible decision to kick from that far out :D

What a game !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭clsmooth

Well my evening has just gotten a whole lot better

• Registered Users Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

Sexton cross kick to Earls was brave too as we were going nowhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

Two brilliant phases from Sexton in that battering ram finish when we’re werent making any yards. That risky kick to Earls to get us into French territory and the. that unbelievable drop goal.

Got out of jail after a poor performance but hopefully that will give them a boost mentally and we will see better performances in the competition.

France were awful as expected so it’s no great shakes beating them but the manner at the end was fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,237 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Unreal effort at the end. What came before doesn’t matter now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭kerplun k

That was ruddy amazing. 40 phases. Epic drop goal. Some nerve to take that on, especially after missing the last kick. Great stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Amazing effort to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat. Absolutely everyone, not just Sexton. Henderson, Stander, Ryan all had unbelievable carries.

Sexton first crossfield kick and then 40 meter drop goal. Balls of steel.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,957 ✭✭✭OldRio

Trying to get heart rate down.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,413 ✭✭✭chupacabra

HEEEEE'S DONE ITTT YEEEEEESSSS WOOOHHOOOOO..... aaahhh... could you believe that? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Got out of jail there big time - stale, dull, predictable and lacking any kind of inspiration at all. At no stage did Ireland ever look like scoring a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

fitz wrote: »
    I thought the replay showed it didn't, but could be wrong. Either way, that second incident needs to be investigated.

They went around all the angles. There was no contact. Plus the medics only looked at his knee, no head stuff at all from what I saw. The hia stuff much have come from the bench when they realised they could bring machenaud back on if it was a hia.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,604 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

I think I was the first in the pub to celebrate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭Claregaafan18

Munsteresque from Ireland. I can only imagine Michael Corcoran with another "10,000 phases" moment

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Would have been awful to loose that after having such control. Unbelievable from Johnny, great from the players at the end to get into that position.

A shed load to work on though. Our attack was really poor. Earls needs to be getting the ball at every opportunity. He is gliding across the pitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

calfmuscle wrote: »
    Sexton "I'm the captain" ��
    53697461.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭Thanos

ricero wrote: »
    Joe simply must go after this campaign. A man who has run out of ideas a long time ago

I think he has done ok by getting a win away in France, we never win by much, nothing new there.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭gmurphy70

Johnny you legend

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Bahanaman wrote: »
    I said earlier Johnny misses the pressure kicks but wtf! Brilliant!

The one he missed was no more a pressure kick thantheone before it.

He, like every other kicker, misses some kicks. That's all there is to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

They went around all the angles. There was no contact. Plus the medics only looked at his knee, no head stuff at all from what I saw. The hia stuff much have come from the bench when they realised they could bring machenaud back on if it was a hia.

It was from the match doctor.

And the first HIA absolutely showed head contact, saw it myself.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement