Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do Manual Handling certs need to be renewed?

Options
  • 02-02-2018 9:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭

Hi. Do Manual Handling certs need to be renewed? Or do they last for life? Thanks.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Don't think any of these certs last for life,it's all a bloody money racket,I'm doing my safe pass on Mon for the hundreth time

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭e.r

2 years I think, money spinner big time.
    Should be incorporated with the Safepass

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭DuckyFuzz

Every 3 years

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭boardsuser1

3 years for me as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,582 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

2 years for me - healthcare.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Don't think any of these certs last for life,it's all a bloody money racket,I'm doing my safe pass on Mon for the hundreth time

Yes, its a bit of a money spinner alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

The day after it expires you will immediately lose the ability to safely lift anything without doing yourself an injury.
    They are a joke and the safepass should only be a refresher course for a couple of hours at most every four years.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

I had to renew mine recently,2 years for me iirc.

Renewed my safepass last year and it was the exact same as the first time I did it when it originally launched and all the times in between. A money racket is right. There should be a brief refresher course for anyone holding any of these certs.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭Worztron

What a racket alright. We must repeatedly be taught common sense over and over again. So I'll take it as 2-3 years.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

3 years, but companies will often tech you how to lift up an empty cardboard box every year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭Worztron

Skatedude wrote: »
    3 years, but companies will often tech you how to lift up an empty cardboard box every year.

Yes, picking up a box is so complicated that we all seem to keep forgetting. ;)

Advertisement