Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

In Korea - would like to invest in Ripple etc / Help

Options
  • 29-01-2018 11:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I would like to possibly invest in some bitcoin , maybe Ripple or some others.
    However people have told me that it's quite hard here in Korea...and that regulations are coming in.

I asked a few friends and have been told different things.
    e.g.
    - You NEED TO go through the country you live in's exchange (like Korbit)
    - Using a VPN could lead to a possible ban from an exchange etc

I've never invested in Bitcoin, so I'd also be asking you guys for

- the site you recommend to BUY it from that has good rates (my friend say Korea charges up to a 30% premium)
    - What site to use for setting up a wallet and how about getting a desktop wallet

I'd really appreciate the help.
    I'd like to get started, but being here seems like there are a lot of barriers to entry atm (from what I have heard - I don't wanna pay 30%)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭pro_gnostic_8

If you have a Korean bank account, then, you are in a truly sweet spot !
    I envy you.
    Buy Bitcoin on Bitstamp.net; sell same on Bithumb or Coinone. Make 20% on the arbitrage. Rinse and repeat. Buy Lambo.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,795 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

If you have a Korean bank account, then, you are in a truly sweet spot !
    I envy you.
    Buy Bitcoin on Bitstamp.net; sell same on Bithumb or Coinone. Make 20% on the arbitrage. Rinse and repeat. Buy Lambo.

Reminder: it's highly risky to do this. Due to the big discrepancies in prices, Korean banks are onto this - if they look at your movements, they'll quickly cop on to the arbitrage

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭pro_gnostic_8

Do it properly and you stay under the radar of the Korean banks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,500 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    Reminder: it's highly risky to do this. Due to the big discrepancies in prices, Korean banks are onto this - if they look at your movements, they'll quickly cop on to the arbitrage

Why is it a problem with the banks to do this?

Advertisement