Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what's coming up in Ballygunner

Options
  • 21-01-2018 4:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭

There is a huge construction activity going next Ballygunner Irish school.

anyone got an idea what's coming up there?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭Yes Boss

Sites for houses

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭jusvi2001

Yes Boss wrote: »
    Sites for houses

Thanks...delighted to hear that. hope the price would be affordable :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭TheQuietFella

jusvi2001 wrote: »
    Thanks...delighted to hear that. hope the price would be affordable :-)

I hope they are too. I might invest in a couple!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭kuang1

I hope they are too. I might invest in a couple!

I heard rumours of €200,000-€240,000 per site. Total number of sites in the low 20s.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Is it these houses?,planning permission was overturned if it is them
    A Fianna Fail Councillor in Waterford has expressed his disappointment after planning permission was overturned for a housing development on the outskirts of Waterford City.

Development was supposed to begin recently for 285 houses in the Knockboy area of Ballygunner, however An Bord Pleanála refused planning permission.

Deputy CEO of Waterford Council Lar Power says the decision didn’t make sense. He told the Metropolitan Meeting of Waterford Council that “unfortunately that planning applictaion was appealed to An Bord Pleanála and unfortunately they overruled our decision, which I think was a retrograde step to be quite honest. To me they started to contradict themselves in the overruling – on the one hand they felt the density wasn’t high enough and on the other they felt it was overlooking.”

Mr Power added that the houses are badly needed. “I think Waterford City and County are in need of additional housing, and I think it’s very unfortunate that where we have land that is suitable and a developer with the wherewithal to do it, that An Bord Pleanála would make that decision.”

Fianna Fail Councillor Adam Wyse expressed his disappointment at the refusal “when we have an extreme shortage of housing and supply, especially in the Ballygunner area. The council would be able to allocate approximately 30 of these houses to those on the social housing also which would be extremely welcome. Along with the potential for a park or residential zone in the area that Councillor Mary Roche and myself have been calling on the council to fund and construct for a number of years now. Hopefully this decision will be appealed and permission granted.

http://www.wlrfm.com/2018/01/24/planning-permission-refused-for-houses-in-ballygunner/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭kuang1

No it's not those. Those were to go below and behind the graveyard in Ballygunner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭TheQuietFella

To be fair that volume of housing in B/G was just ridiculous!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Dum_Dum

No public park out that way either. I've always thought the site the upcoming development is on what would have made a great site for a small park i.e. gardens, playground and these tall things called trees.

Too late now.

Dum_Dum wrote: »
    No public park out that way either. I've always thought the site the upcoming development is on what would have made a great site for a small park i.e. gardens, playground and these tall things called trees.

Too late now.

That's right. lot of houses on that road but no public park or amenities. may be the experts in the city council never thought about that.

there will be a huge traffic increase with all the development going around like new primary care center, new expansion to the ardkeen hospital and all the new houses coming up. travelling from tower hotel to dunmore road is a night mare and it is going to be worse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Use the Williamstown road, that's the logical thing to do with just one set of lights and if you keep going straight on at Ballygunner Gaelscoil then you're out onto the road proper in a few minutes having avoided the traffic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭914

Dum_Dum wrote: »

Too late now.

The council own the field opposite the gael scoil and I believe that is ear marked for a park/play area.

Not a notion of the time frame on that.

Use the Williamstown road, that's the logical thing to do with just one set of lights and if you keep going straight on at Ballygunner Gaelscoil then you're out onto the road proper in a few minutes having avoided the traffic.

With all the new constructions going around its a matter of time Williamstown road going to be chocked as well.

Advertisement