Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How risky is WiFi when accessing wallet or exchange

Options
  • 27-01-2018 12:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

I currently use a WiFi modem model E5577Cs with my PC.

I haven't setup any Crypto Accounts or Wallets yet.

How risky is this WiFi . I presume it is every bit as risky as a public WiFi.

Would I be better setting up accounts using my Phones Mobile Internet Data.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lifeandtimes

I currently use a WiFi modem model E5577Cs with my PC.

I haven't setup any Crypto Accounts or Wallets yet.

How risky is this WiFi . I presume it is every bit as risky as a public WiFi.

Would I be better setting up accounts using my Phones Mobile Internet Data.

Seeing as you set up another thread in this forum I'll offer some advice.

How risky is Wi-Fi? You should talk to your ISP which is you internet service provider i.e. eir; Vodafone, virgin etc.

They can set up a decent Wi-Fi connection.

After that any wallet you set up is super specific to you and you need to save this info off net.
    That way No one will ever be able get into them

• Registered Users Posts: 14,329 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

If you are concerned then get a VPN, but otherwise you'd have to be specifically targeted for your Wifi to be cracked. I.e. someone literally sitting in your driveway doing it. It's also no harm to change your wifi password regularly and hide your ssid.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Drumorig

Your grand, most sites have https.
    On top of that most routers are secure be default nowadays, the days of someone hacking your wifi are long gone for the most part.

If your paranoid your system is hacked set it up on a linux boot disk like knoppix or whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭crytoadvice

Thanks again, I know wifi wpa2 encryption is strong now but it depends on password. For that reason im wary of wifi.

Can anyone recommend a vpn.

Sorry for all the Qs but im trying to get this right before i start and not after

Advertisement