Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

McDonald's on Cork Road - Renovation or Closure?

• 26-01-2018 8:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭

Myself and my significant other went into Rockin' Joe's for dinner last weekend and we noticed the McDonald's next door was completely shut - fences etc. around it.

At first I thought they were closing it down but I wonder are they renovating it in the same way of the many other locations? (Argos-style food ordering/digital menu ordering, etc.)

I'm only wondering for myself really as I usually get my coffee out of there on a Monday morning.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,780 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Renovations apparently, place is a goldmine

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭Deisegodeo

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    Renovations apparently, place is a goldmine

An absolute goldmine! They put in a second lane for drive through a few years ago it was so busy and even still I was held up in a traffic queue recently when driving along the cork road with cars trying to turn into McDonald's!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Closed for renovations and will reopen on 9th February,as wanderer said the place is an absolute goldmine they will be open long after we are all gone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭boardsuser1

Is Rockin' Joe's in with Travel Lodge?

Stayed there years ago one Halloween, that McDonald's will never go out of business.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Is Rockin' Joe's in with Travel Lodge?

Stayed there years ago one Halloween, that McDonald's will never go out of business.

Yes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

Any truth to the rumour that Supermacs are supposedly opening a drive through just up the road, behind PC World?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

longshanks wrote: »
    Any truth to the rumour that Supermacs are supposedly opening a drive through just up the road, behind PC World?

There is a new Waterford store in planning. Didn't state where.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    There is a new Waterford store in planning. Didn't state where.

Ive asked about this numerous times in the positive thread here and they did apply for planning permission for the old bowling alley,but from what i heard lately it got knocked and now they are talking about demolishing the yellow house and putting a restaurant/drive thru in there,take that with a large pinch of salt though!

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭er1983

Yes that is true 😊

Advertisement