Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Wallets

• 14-01-2018 2:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭

What's the best wallet to store a mix of coins, that's secure and with an android app... I have stellar, Ada and xrp and some of the free ones from here

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭dauhee

software wallet on android not the most secure of options.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,745 ✭✭✭el diablo

mono_mac wrote: »
    What's the best wallet to store a mix of coins, that's secure and with an android app... I have stellar, Ada and xrp and some of the free ones from here

Enjin Wallet looks to be the most secure of software wallets right now. Good reviews and apparently quite secure.

https://www.enjinwallet.io/

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭reni10

How does everyone manage all the different wallets needed for all the altcoins?

I was thinking about a live USB Linux install with just all the different wallets on it and then only plug it in when needed.

Any other options out there that people are using when they have a range of coins?

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭mono_mac

Or a good cheap hardware wallet :)

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭mono_mac

el diablo wrote:
    Enjin Wallet looks to be the most secure of software wallets right now. Good reviews and apparently quite secure.

dauhee wrote:
    software wallet on android not the most secure of options.

Or a good cheap hardware wallet?

• Advertisement

mono_mac wrote: »
    Or a good cheap hardware wallet?

Probably the best hardware wallet would be the Ledger Nano S but they're apparently out of stock till late March. That Enjin mobile is compatible with Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum and most ERC20 tokens.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭reni10

I have a ledger nano but they only support a certain number of coins so for the rest you will need the actual wallets for the coins so the live USB could be the way to go?

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭asgaard

Bump
    Any of you familiar with Jaxx? There are few good cryptocurrencies which are supported, also started install Monero GUI right now ( it takes some time for synchronizing). but the question which I want to ask is: I've been using couple faucets for ETH and I put my ETH wallet address (same as in Jaxx) to get some free tokens, but they didn't appear in Jaxx. Am I doing something wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭studdlymurphy

Is a wallet really needed? I have coins in coinbase and poloniex and was just going to leave them in the exchanges the same as i do with shares, a seperate wallet is like physical share certs? Why are they needed just in case the exchange collapsed?

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭asgaard

Why are they needed just in case the exchange collapsed?
    They might be needed then / do the backup on every occasion.

Btw.
    I'm using them for e.g. http://ethereumfaucet.info/ , but don't know if I ever will get anything into my wallet.

• Advertisement

Is a wallet really needed? I have coins in coinbase and poloniex and was just going to leave them in the exchanges the same as i do with shares, a seperate wallet is like physical share certs? Why are they needed just in case the exchange collapsed?

Exchanges are regularly hacked. Not a good idea to leave funds there especially large amounts.

Advertisement