Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Safe Cross Code - anyone remember?

Options
  • 22-01-2018 9:27pm
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭

For those of us boardsies of a certain age, who grew up in the 70s and 80s, we have fond memories of all those public safety adverts that used to air all the time on TV. Here’s the safe cross code film that aired on RTE between 1975 and 1984. Enjoy! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Four Phucs Ache

Ah, 1987.....we did this at school and the principal drove up and down the road one day to make sure we understood.

100 kids stood side by side looking left and right making sure we didn't get creamed by his brown 1.0 ford fiesta L

• Registered Users Posts: 13,106 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Ah, 1987.....we did this at school and the principal drove up and down the road one day to make sure we understood.

100 kids stood side by side looking left and right making sure we didn't get creamed by his brown 1.0 ford fiesta L

Those fiestas had the acceleration of canal barge so you should have had loads of time to cross the road.

The fecking Brits had Darth Vader to teach them to cross the road and what had we.

Just imagine that voice saying...
    Luke I am your father

• Registered Users Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭Mrmoe

I remember it was a big achievement to get the badge

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

It's an awful pity they don't show it any more. The kids in my area think nothing of running across a road without looking, getting off a bus and dashing out from behind it to cross... thankfully I've watched the video enough times to be hyper alert to the risk! Bring back Judge!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭game4it70

I remember it seeing it on tv as a kid and seeing my grandmother's house in the background.

• Advertisement
Advertisement