Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crypto Mining Thread (Antminers, GPU's, Telegram, Etc)

Options
  • 21-01-2018 7:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hi,

I'm currently waiting for 12 Antminers in total and I just realised that households in Ireland only take up to 63 amps which won't be enough to power all the miners. 12 miners will need somewhere between 60-50 amps.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what the best option I have in regards to setting up the miners?

Thanks.

I also made a telegram group for crypto miners in Ireland that you can join.
    https://t.me/joinchat/Fst09g9AvWQZw6worEG0sg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64,891 ✭✭✭✭unkel

ESB networks will upgrade your supply to 80A for a fee. Last time I looked it was a bit over a grand plus the cost of upgrading any lines into your home if needs be (this can be substantial). Give them a call.

Also get rid of any electric showers you have, these use up to 48A :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭h0neybadger

Wouldn’t the residential rate of electricity be too much for running them 24/7?

Surely find commercial rate and run them there.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 MaxWick

Wouldn’t the residential rate of electricity be too much for running them 24/7?

Surely find commercial rate and run them there.

The miners pay off the electricity costs with.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭h0neybadger

MaxWick wrote: »
    The miners pay off the electricity costs with.

oh, I know. I have a couple of hundred miners here in Ireland. But believe me, you would be best finding a cheaper supply than residential.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

oh, I know. I have a couple of hundred miners here in Ireland. But believe me, you would be best finding a cheaper supply than residential.

Couple of hundred!?!?!... you're a dark horse Mr Badger

:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 MaxWick

If you don't mind me asking. Are they based in Dublin and would you be willing to rent out some space to place my miner there?

• Registered Users Posts: 64,891 ✭✭✭✭unkel

If you had a professional setup with several hundred miners, a massive financial commitment, security in place, insurance paid, would you happily offer a man from the internet to share this for him to run his one miner? ;)

Advertisement