Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Sea of Thieves

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

That is mental. Seems they are going to make a habit of this. Does this make the games pass move worth while... hmm

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,126 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I can't see the tweet but according to reddit the next halo/Gears/Forza will do the same. That's brilliant, hopefully includes their PC versions too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,990 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

ZiabR wrote: »
    That is mental. Seems they are going to make a habit of this. Does this make the games pass move worth while... hmm

whats game pass per year? 120?

that's only the price of 2 games at the end of the day.

whats game pass per year? 120?

that's only the price of 2 games at the end of the day.

Thats what I have been thinking. Really seems worth it now we get new releases.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Wow, cancelling my preorder so

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I can't see the tweet but according to reddit the next halo/Gears/Forza will do the same. That's brilliant, hopefully includes their PC versions too.

It doesn't look like it so far, but from what Phil Spencer was saying, it seems likely to come sooner rather than later.
    Xbox Game Pass is also limited to the Xbox games console right now, and PC gamers can’t access a range of games that are cross-platform and available as part of Microsoft’s Xbox Play Anywhere initiative. “I have been on public record saying I want people to play the games they play on the devices they want to play them on,” says Spencer. “So stay tuned. We’re not announcing anything today other than our biggest games will launch on retail date into Game Pass, but I like your thinking.”

The Verge has what he was saying here.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,126 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Good they're planning on it but don't see why they wouldn't push it straight away. I'm pretty sure if you subscribe on pc all you get is recore at the moment.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Good they're planning on it but don't see why they wouldn't push it straight away. I'm pretty sure if you subscribe on pc all you get is recore at the moment.

Huh, turns out that if it's play anywhere and in the games pass, then it'll be on available on PC too. That's handy. Can't remember if they've already committed to having all their new releases as Play Anywhere.

https://twitter.com/aarongreenberg/status/955924123816927232

This may actually be handy for me now, being back in Ireland means I have more space to set up my PC again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Having some laugh with the lads playing this game. We have been laughing for ages.

To describe the situation below we pursue another ship. We fire our cannons. Lookout calls a collision. We run to the top of the ship and board their ship killing the pair of them.

I drop the anchor and search their ship for a gold chest. I find and lift the chest and off with me into the water. Next issue is 3 sharks chasing me as I wait for my ship. In a small window of opportunity I grab the ladder and get back on board with the stolen treasure.

What you don't see next is the guys respawn and take control of their ship and pursue us but we are going so quick we eventually lose them and sell their gold chest at an outpost :D

* Another highlight was all us getting blind drunk and suddenly we are attacked by a guy in the bar. We try to return fire but we are wasted and he kills most of us as we are disorientated and puking on each other lol.

The water has me drooling. I have not seen water look so real. The Sea behaves like it should. Amazing stuff.

• Advertisement

I love how if you drink too much you can vomit all over your friends :D

Just like college.

Seems alot of people are not happy with how the launch of this Beta was handled. From reading, I find it hard not to agree with the general consensus. The amount of people that have had issues, many of them still not being able to play the game is worrying.

Before you jump down my throat, let me point out that this was one of the MAJOR games at E3 and it is an in-house Microsoft game. If there was ever a game that they needed to go right, it would be Sea of Thieves.

Communication from the devs has been very very poor, Twitter is overloaded with people having problems and none of them are being addressed. You would expect that with a closed beta as big as this Microsoft would have people working on this and supporting it via social media all night long. Instead the devs openly posted on Twitter that they were off to bed for the night while thousands of paying customers were left in the dark. Madness.

The issues may well be minor but when you are working on a product as big as this and you are presenting it to your customers for the first time, you need to make sure everything is on point and working. Also, for this to be Microsoft’s first big exclusive (not timed) you would expect that there would be particular emphasis on getting it right and supporting the future player base.

It looks great, and a lot of fun but it’s not working for me and a number of my xbox live friends.

We are not off to a good start :(

Did you try adding it through the Xbox Insider Hub? It wouldn't launch for me until I did that even though I already had had alpha access.

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭gmg678

While in game playing solo i got the message "Server status : Server will shut down in 21 minutes"

Whats that about does anyone know?
    They announced they were doing an update that would take 30-45mins and that it would kick you out.
    that could be it.

Did you try adding it through the Xbox Insider Hub? It wouldn't launch for me until I did that even though I already had had alpha access.

Yes, don't have it on the insider hub because the game was pre-ordered.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

Having some laugh with the lads playing this game. We have been laughing for ages.

To describe the situation below we pursue another ship. We fire our cannons. Lookout calls a collision. We run to the top of the ship and board their ship killing the pair of them.

I drop the anchor and search their ship for a gold chest. I find and lift the chest and off with me into the water. Next issue is 3 sharks chasing me as I wait for my ship. In a small window of opportunity I grab the ladder and get back on board with the stolen treasure.

What you don't see next is the guys respawn and take control of their ship and pursue us but we are going so quick we eventually lose them and sell their gold chest at an outpost :D

* Another highlight was all us getting blind drunk and suddenly we are attacked by a guy in the bar. We try to return fire but we are wasted and he kills most of us as we are disorientated and puking on each other lol.

Hah! I'm glad i got to see you boarding and murdering those guys, i was below deck patching up holes and missed it. Still feel bad about trying to abandon the ship when i thought it was sinking!

Love the crunch and little soundtrack sting when you get a good cannon shot on target, very satisfying.

Getting drunk and trying to fight that guy in the bar was also pretty damn funny. Great laugh overall and would definitely play again.

Very sympathetic to the people not able to get access though, did last night's patch help?

Shame we couldn't join you last night Adventagious. Is the squad size 4 or 6? Still not working today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭tony1980

It’s 4 for a big Ship, 2 for a Medium and 1 for a Small Ship.

tony1980 wrote: »
    It’s 4 for a big Ship, 2 for a Medium and 1 for a Small Ship.

Thanks Canto. And how does the game determine which ship? If you are in a party of 4 does the game just spawn a big ship?

Does the big ship not have a massive advantage over the smaller ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Anyone know what the Update changed ? if anything?

• Advertisement

Its made up of 4, 2 and 1 man servers so 4v4 2v2 1v1

But in Failsafes video above, he is in a 4 man ship and they ram a 2 man ship. So it does seem like the servers are mixed. I imagine that the smaller ships are faster to help them get away from a 4 man crew.

Hah! I'm glad i got to see you boarding and murdering those guys, i was below deck patching up holes and missed it. Still feel bad about trying to abandon the ship when i thought it was sinking!

Love the crunch and little soundtrack sting when you get a good cannon shot on target, very satisfying.

Getting drunk and trying to fight that guy in the bar was also pretty damn funny. Great laugh overall and would definitely play again.

Very sympathetic to the people not able to get access though, did last night's patch help?
    You kept us afloat for much of last night :)
    Constantly below deck patching up the damage.

I think the time you bailed from the ship it was just at the tipping point of destruction but we just got it back (sweat emoji) lol

Oh. Good spot. Wasn't aware of that. Could someone clarify? Sucks for the solo guys if so.

Servers seem mixed as well as cross platform.

While playing as a 4 man on xbox with PC players we've come across 1 and 2 person ships.

Servers seem mixed as well as cross platform.

While playing as a 4 man on xbox with PC players we've come across 1 and 2 person ships.

If I can get it working, I will try join you tonight.

ZiabR wrote: »
    If I can get it working, I will try join you tonight.

Unfortunately wont be on this evening i think but whenever you spot me online just fire a message my way.

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭erkifino

A two man ship must be somewhat quicker no? Can't imagine 2 people have much of a chance versus 4 other than to scarper.

erkifino wrote: »
    A two man ship must be somewhat quicker no? Can't imagine 2 people have much of a chance versus 4 other than to scarper.
    Yes. Faster and more maneuverable.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Is there a way to get on to the beta still if I sign up for Game Pass now?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Is there a way to get on to the beta still if I sign up for Game Pass now?

AFAIK at this stage its only a full PreOrder that gets you in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

Ive tried playing solo but I cannot get onto a server :(

Advertisement