Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

GW24 Matchday Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,585 ✭✭✭Cartman78

31(-4)....the wheels really starting to come off now.

Could have easily done the obvious thing this week with transfers and simply got Aguero in for Morata....but no, I looked beyond the short term and tried to be all strategic and sh1t and brought in KDB and Firmino.

Anyway, have Robertson, Firmino and Captain Salah to go....need hauls from all of them to salvage this dumpster fire of a GW

• Registered Users Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

Will have 40 with Kane's bonus; 41 with Crouch autosub. Salah, Firmino & Fabianski left.

Tis been a bit of a disaster. Having looked at Man City's recent history against Newcastle pre-deadline, I considered a -8 to get Aguero. Had the exact change for him, TPT & Simpson in exchange for Crouch, Eriksen & Christensen. However, I decided to play it 'safe' & banked the transfer instead.

To add insult to injury, Christy went off injured pre-60 & Eriksen missed out. Playing it safe is overrated.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

km79 wrote: »
    Being realistic 22 bp is usually not enough for one bonus point never mind 2 !

Staying with the positive my 8 pt hit will hopefully be paid for this week which would leave me with thoughts of WC again :@ or another hit more likely
    Daniels (but would have played Mee ) Alli mata total 6 points
    Shaq 6 has matched them so now need VVD and salah to get the 8
    Be disappointed if they don’t

Helped by the saints goal being an og.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

A lot depends on firmino now
    If he scores around 10 points then that and Kane Captainxy will almost negate the aguero damage in my league

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭dasa29

67 with Gomez, Salah to go, HEWT.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

51 (-4) with Salah (c) to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭shineon23

67 (-8)
    Salah to go.

Delighted.

There are a LOT of teams with fabianski in my league
    I'll cry...........

• Registered Users Posts: 19,638 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

There are a LOT of teams with fabianski in my league
    I'll cry...........

1 nil Swansea with Ayew goal be stuff of dreams.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

40 with Robertson, Salah and Firmino to go.

Need a Pool CS and Salah & Firmino on the scoresheet. But with my luck this week , Firmino won't start, Pool will probably lose their cs and I'll only get an assist at best

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Nice scores guys. Sad to report a 33 with captain Salah and Firmino left. Hoping they provide me some damage limitation tomorrow night.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,077 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

72 with VVD and Salah to play, had no keeper.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭pimpmyhat

78 with salah to go.
    (Non kane owner)
    Yes there is one

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

63 with Salah to go.

I thank the FPL Gods each and every day for bringing Sergio Aguero into our lives :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

60 with Firmino to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

I always say that if you hover around the 60 average each fpl season, you tend to do pretty well... 12 points from Firmino and TAA will bring me to that figure so here's hoping for big Bobby F haul and CS from Liverpool tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭shineon23

Fowler87 wrote: »
    I always say that if you hover around the 60 average each fpl season, you tend to do pretty well... 12 points from Firmino and TAA will bring me to that figure so here's hoping for big Bobby F haul and CS from Liverpool tomorrow

If i averaged 60 a week I'd be bouncing off the walls with a final score of 2280 (38x60):D

I do take a similar outlook, that if on bad weeks I'm or around the week's average, and hit about the 40-50 mark in the worst of weeks I won't pack it in.
    I tend to grind out scores across the 38 weeks rather than hit big numbers. If I could pick a captain to save my life it'd dramatically increase my returns.

The weekly average is the best indicator or I see other quote a top 10k or top 100k average sometimes which is a better guide as it won't include zombie teams normally. But I still revert back to trying to hit that 40-50 points and look at any over 50 as a bonus.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

77 on wildcard with Salah to go.

HEWT.

A Firmino blank tonight would be most welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,627 ✭✭✭✭dahat

51 with Salah & Firmino to go, likely plenty captains left on both so not sure I want Pool run riot.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,490 ✭✭✭VW 1

48 with salah and firmino to go.

As above, the two above me in my main money league have salah captained, so don't want him going too crazy!

• Advertisement

72 with salah to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭scotchy

59(-4)

Salah and Firmino to go.

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Missing Links

72(-4) with Salah left.

I see that the St Pats' fan is up to 6th OR...fantastic going.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,010 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

52 with Salah and Firmino to go does bring me up 5k to 96k. No surprise there.

Need Firmino to outscore Salah to maintain that (assuming there are plenty of Salah captainers).

I'll have taken another 15 points out of the leader in my main league regardless this week, so can't complain.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭dicky dunne

59 with Salah and Mane still to play...Mane being a nice differential at the minute

@FFScout: Liverpool XI vs Swansea: Karius; Gomez, Matip, Van Dijk, Robertson; Can, Wijnaldum, Oxlade-Chamberlain; Salah, Firmino, Mane

Fabianski is going to save a pen from firmino
    I can feel it in my waters

• Registered Users Posts: 39,494 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Channelling the 0-0

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

@FFScout: Liverpool XI vs Swansea: Karius; Gomez, Matip, Van Dijk, Robertson; Can, Wijnaldum, Oxlade-Chamberlain; Salah, Firmino, Mane

Fabianski is going to save a pen from firmino
    I can feel it in my waters
    KevIRL wrote: »
    Channelling the 0-0

I'd take that!

Just salah in this. Its not going to be an easy watch as I want Liverpool to win but ideally salah or firmino get no attacking points.

• Advertisement

Vvd salah and firmino
    No salah captains so he can fill his boots
    A LOT of fabianski owners though

Advertisement