Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Club AGMs

Options
  • 21-01-2018 9:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Queary in relation to voting at club AGMs, if club members have paid their membership who are registered with the Ladies Gaelic Football Association, can they have a vote at their main GAA club executive annual meeting ( the main club agm that governs the club) all be it that they are two separate organisations.And I don't intend for this to be discriminatory against our Lady counterparts who do a great job .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭LooseCannonUF

cilles man wrote: »
    Queary in relation to voting at club AGMs, if club members have paid their membership who are registered with the Ladies Gaelic Football Association, can they have a vote at their main GAA club executive annual meeting ( the main club agm that governs the club) all be it that they are two separate organisations.And I don't intend for this to be discriminatory against our Lady counterparts who do a great job .

From my own experience, all members are members of the GAA club. I do think it can work the other way though.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭dobbs2210

From my own experience, all members are members of the GAA club. I do think it can work the other way though.

No, if they operate as two seperate entities you would not be entitled to vote at the main club agm and visa versa in that if you were a member of the main club but not of the ladies club you would not be eligible to vote at the ladies football agm.

That is y understanding of it from experience of my own club situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭LooseCannonUF

dobbs2210 wrote: »
    No, if they operate as two seperate entities you would not be entitled to vote at the main club agm and visa versa in that if you were a member of the main club but not of the ladies club you would not be eligible to vote at the ladies football agm.

That is y understanding of it from experience of my own club situation.

That’s the way it’s supposed to be.
    I was speaking of what tends to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭Oldtree

If the LGFA ladies club is set up as a sub club of gaa men's club, then yes they can attend meetings and vote. In this instance the ladies have to be registered with the lgfa but also registered with the gaa and so entitled to a vote at the men's agm.

It would also be important for the ladies to attend the men's monthly meeting to have a voice.

As the men are not registered with the LGFA it does not work the other way around with men's gaa unable to vote at the ladies agms.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭The Premier Man

If a member of the lgfa they would also have to be a member of the GAA and pay a separate membership to the GAA club. The GAA and lgfa are completely separate entities when it comes to the likes of membership

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭Oldtree

If a member of the lgfa they would also have to be a member of the GAA and pay a separate membership to the GAA club. The GAA and lgfa are completely separate entities when it comes to the likes of membership

That's the setup in our club, 2 sets of registration fees are paid for the ladies members, 1 to the lgfa and 1 to the gaa.

Advertisement