Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Help: 5 min survey for thesis on crystalware (due 19th Jan)

• 17-01-2018 9:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 21

I am a student currently gathering info for my thesis (due 19th Jan) and would appreciate if anyone who owns or knows someone who owns high-end crystalware/glassware (as in Waterford Crystal, Killarney Crystal, Tipperary Crystal) would take this quick survey.
    You don't even have to own crystal. It would be a great help.

Thank you in advance. The site is SurveyMonkey and the extention is:

/r/RYH7QBQ

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 JasDev

Thank you to my first anonymous responder!

If anyone could still give this a look that'd be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭heroics

I did the survey.

TBH not sure what you need out of the survey but some of the questions are vague and some should allow more than 1 answer.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/r/RYH7QBQ

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

heroics wrote: »
    I did the survey.

TBH not sure what you nhttp://www.surveymonkey.com/r/RYH7QBQeed out of the survey but some of the questions are vague and some should allow more than 1 answer.

I had a quick look also. Clearly a well prepared student on top of things!

Thank you! I know, it's quite last minute. I wasn't exactly sure what info I needed at the time and I can only create ten questions without paying for premium so I just went with the basics. If I had more questions they'd be more specific, I think.

Thanks again!

• Advertisement

Thank you, godtabh.

And thanks for reposting the link, heroics.

godtabh wrote: »
    I had a quick look also. Clearly a well prepared student on top of things!

Just pointing out some of my answers might not be specific enough. For example the question about who do you know that owns crystal - Most of my family owns it and it varies from glasses to ornaments to vases etc.

It then means I was not sure what to answer for where its stored as glasses are in the cupboard ornaments are on display if you know what I mean.

Survey is done anyway and I added the full link into my post if anyone else wants to do it.

jamlynn wrote: »
    Thank you! I know, it's quite last minute. I wasn't exactly sure what info I needed at the time and I can only create ten questions without paying for premium so I just went with the basics. If I had more questions they'd be more specific, I think.

Thanks again!

That makes sense. NP

heroics wrote: »
    Just pointing out some of my answers might not be specific enough. For example the question about who do you know that owns crystal - Most of my family owns it and it varies from glasses to ornaments to vases etc.

It then means I was not sure what to answer for where its stored as glasses are in the cupboard ornaments are on display if you know what I mean.

Survey is done anyway and I added the full link into my post if anyone else wants to do it.

That's quite fine! You make a very valid point. And you just informed me now so it's all good :cool:

For anyone else who may still take it and prefer to give more specific or longer answers, just choose "Other" and specify a short list of relatives and where they keep their stuff, or your preference when storing multiple categories of crystal, or whatever else. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

Done-might be too late for you. When you are doing your report keep an eye on the spelling of ornament. Good luck with your project.

• Advertisement

Done-might be too late for you. When you are doing your report keep an eye on the spelling of ornament. Good luck with your project.

Thank you for your advice. Hopefully Microsoft Word didn’t let me make that mistake with the paper.

I got the thesis handed in today. Had it written and all last week but I decided supplement my claims last minute with this survey. Thanks again to everyone who helped!

Advertisement