Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bitcoin forks

Options
  • 03-01-2018 8:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 657 ✭✭✭

With so many Bitcoin forks over the last month or so which ones will folks be hodling.
    Which ones have a chance in this crowded market?

I've looked through many of them, some are interesting, all of them seem to offer something new or at least a newer or better way.
    So basically if you held Bitcoin over the last 6-8 weeks you now hold at least 10 more coins.

From what I can tell Lightning Bitcoin looks the most interesting, and if the developers can pull it off may be a real challenger to not only Bitcoin but also to litecoin, Ethereum as well as Neo.
    Its fast Bitcoin with the benefit of being able to have contracts.

Here's a linky to all the forks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Shauny2010 wrote: »
    With so many Bitcoin forks over the last month or so which ones will folks be hodling.
    Which ones have a chance in this crowded market?

None of them in my opinion. Core will continue to dominate them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Shauny2010

I don't expect any of them to challenge Bitcoin straight away, but they can have a case to be in the top 10 crypto's and if successful even then start to challenge the top coins

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭jonny_b

Haven’t a notion how to claim coins from forks but do you guys genrerally claim all coins? Is it worth claiming them?

Edit: I’ve bitcoin held on a ledger nano s is it hard to create new private keys and switch the coins into it?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

jonny_b wrote: »
    Haven’t a notion how to claim coins from forks but do you guys genrerally claim all coins? Is it worth claiming them?

They're yours by default, just sit on your key and if they ever become worthwhile you can go about setting up a client.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 72 ✭✭sunrainmooncl

If I had an easy way to sell all of these I would

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Shauny2010

If I had an easy way to sell all of these I would

I think a lot of people would sell them at first, or at least when a wallet is developed for them. That reminds me of a lot of the alt coins which many people rushed to sell when they had risen a few bucks.

This would be a good thing as it would allow for a more even distribution which in the long run would be better.
    Me, I will hodl as usual, I may even add some of the ones that look like they have value.
    Like Bitcoin-cash has done really well, I'm glad i didnt sell, happy I added some and regret not adding more but its now worth twice what bitcoin was at the start of 2017

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭jonny_b

Does anyone know how to go about claiming bitcoin diamond? Have BTC held on a nano s

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭cravings

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

At this stage I need some program to even tell me what versions of bitcoin I own...

Advertisement