Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CGT and Current Use Value

Options
  • 11-01-2018 10:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi

I was wondering does anyone know who calculates the "current use value" of part of a property for CGT calculation purposes? Is it an estate agent or an accountancy calculation?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭davindub

Hi

I was wondering does anyone know who calculates the "current use value" of part of a property for CGT calculation purposes? Is it an estate agent or an accountancy calculation?

Thanks

Chartered tax accountant, you know it is only relevant to land which has been bought as non-development land and now is development land. So you could compare to farmland, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Buildingahouse

I understand it also applies when selling part of your garden and would be used to calculate your CGT liability on that sale although would be happy to hear if that's not the case!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭davindub

I understand it also applies when selling part of your garden and would be used to calculate your CGT liability on that sale although would be happy to hear if that's not the case!

Yes it does apply unfortunately. Get an auctioneer to value the land without the development potential, run it by a chartered tax accountant and see what you can do about the liability.

Advertisement