Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things that have the ability to ruin Christmas

Options
  • 08-01-2018 9:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭

Christmas is officially over for most now but as I begin what I consider the first non-Christmas week, I can say Christmas gone was lovely and as perfect as it could be. Nothing nasty or annoying happened and I avoided bad TV. But what things outside a funeral, death in the family, marriage breakup or being a victim of crime could ruin or lessen the enjoyment of Christmas. Here are some of them:

1. Hurricane/near hurricane force winds that turn off the power.
    2. Bad snow in the period prior to Christmas.
    3. Bad TV.
    4. Buying what I thought were DVDs only to discover they were BluRay disks and not having what I planned to watch over Christmas.
    5. No heat or hot water.
    6. A bad dry turkey.
    7. Having to go back to work too soon.
    8. Not ignoring all the cynical post-Christmas sales, fitness and diets culture.
    9. Looking forward to a game of cards on Christmas day and not having or unable to find a pack of cards.
    10. For children: no batteries Christmas morning for toys.

What would ruin or mar Christmas for others?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

A rotten turkey like some in the UK got from Tesco , that would put me in foul humour for a week

• Registered Users Posts: 28,292 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Stomach flu meaning you can't eat Christmas dinner.

Being unable to source a 'Santa present' for a kid, maybe the delivery gets lost in the post or arrives too late.

The mystery of Santa being spoiled for a kid of Santa age.

Car break down.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,294 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Ungrateful people: No matter what you do some people they'll never be happy and they'll moan about the food/presents/decorations/etc. There is wither to much of something or not enough and it's never up to there standards.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

MOD NOTE: Hey guys we’re going to lock this thread as we have a what will you do differently thread to avoid any near disasters next year.

And we don’t want to dwell too much negative especially in the mist of the January blues.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement