Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mayans MC - US-Pace- FX (**Spoilers**)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭squonk

Is it not time to just leave it? I liked the Mayans but we've seen a lot of this world already in SoA and the Mayans appear to be into the same lines of business so it looks like a rehash of something we've had several season of already.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,193 ✭✭✭✭Penn

The spin-off no-one asked for starring a group of background characters no-one cared about.

Have to agree with squonk, it'll just end up being a rehash of stories we already got with SoA, and they really lost the run of those stories towards the end of the show.

Would have been much better off doing a show about the First 9 of SoA.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

Love the show, but has anyone else noticed a lot of lads buying bikes and going around playing m.c. lately? its like they're the new boy racer car where im from!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I could have been interested in a series about the first 9 but a series about the Mayans, meh

• Registered Users Posts: 3,268 ✭✭✭DubTony

A First 9 series would be great, but would require a lot of investment in "old stuff" on a pretty large scale. Given that FX's The Americans does so many of its outdoor scenes at night time, I assume the money is there for 1980's toasters and TVs but not really there for cars, buses, shop fronts and and lots of sirens that go bee-baw, all of which would be a vital part of a First 9 series.

The streets of Oakland won't need to be rebuilt for a Mayan series set in 2016. And then there's this ...
    FX, meanwhile, calls Mayans MC “a dark, visceral family drama that takes a new look at the most American of icons, the 1% outlaw, this time, reflected through a Latino lens.”
    :confused:

• Advertisement

Lol! So the Mayans one sounds just like SoA with a latino family taking the place of the Tellers! Nice :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,193 ✭✭✭✭Penn

squonk wrote: »
    Lol! So the Mayans one sounds just like SoA with a latino family taking the place of the Tellers! Nice :)

Starring Katey Sagal as "Main Character's Mother", a tough woman who is loyal to her family yet f*cks their lives up at every available chance and argues with every other woman on the show before being friends with them before arguing with them again because FAMILY.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I'd read the Mayans spin-off was one of a few ideas. I had read an interview about the creator, who had created a new series that he pitched to FX but who wanted him to hold for for a bit on it. Instead he is releasing it via comic format.

Sounds very interesting, it was a bit like Constantine except no hockey pockey magic, a Special Ops guy sent back to earth to hunt demons.

Anyway, in that interview he was proped on his projects and outlined he had two ideas, one was a spin-off about the Mayan gang, and another was about the Origin of Redwood.

If I'm not mistaken, or maybe some of the stories I read were bogus, but FX picked up the pilot for "Redwood Originals", the Origins of the gang, and passed on the Mayan thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,012 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Could have sworn I heard a show called Redwood Originals was coming, nothing about a Mayan one though

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Redwood Originals is a comic book series that Kurt Sutter is creating, it is about Jax prospecting and becoming a patched member of the club.

There is a Mayans show in development, Kurt Sutter is helping out on getting the show up and running but will be way off in the background.

There is also talk of a First 9 show, but I'm sure that is on the long finger now.

EDIT - FYI - There is already a comic book that goes with the final couple of seaons of SOA.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84,742 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

FX has ordered Mayans MC pilot

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    FX has ordered Mayans MC pilot

Wonder how he'll shoehorn the missus into this one? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Wonder how he'll shoehorn the missus into this one? :)

With a shoehorn and some dodgy matriarchal nonsense!!

• Registered Users Posts: 60,266 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭drugstore cowboy

It'll be cancelled after one season.

Sons of Anarchy spinoff Mayans MC ordered to series at FX

• Registered Users Posts: 29,460 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Yupp, due out late summer, early autumn. Rewatching SOA atm, on season 6. Such a great show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Yupp, due out late summer, early autumn. Rewatching SOA atm, on season 6. Such a great show.

It was a great show but became farcical towards the end, ran for about 3 seasons more than it should have

• Advertisement

It was a great show but became farcical towards the end, ran for about 3 seasons more than it should have

Yeah 5 started to drag alright and I can't even remember what happens in 6 and 7, good in a way but must mean it was somewhat forgettable. Make me want to watch The Shield again with all the cameos though.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

It's always going to be 1 of my favourite shows but there was about 2 or 3 series too many in it, they could have cut the whole trip to Ireland and a load of the Gemma stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Clareman wrote: »
    It's always going to be 1 of my favourite shows but there was about 2 or 3 series too many in it, they could have cut the whole trip to Ireland and a load of the Gemma stuff.

Just keeping Sutters Mrs in work

Just keeping Sutters Mrs in work

Yup, that became glaringly obvious by the end

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

The Gemma/Tara thing was a pain in the hoop and went on way too long.

Must watch the full thing again though, its been a while.

Looking forward to the Mayans as well, I think that Sutter has laid out the bones of the story while others are adding the meat to it. Probably a good thing as SOA got quite complex towards the end. Also, The Bastard Executioner was too complex from the start for people to latch on to.

I would much prefer see a "prequel" show with the foundation of the club when the Original 9 returned from Vietnam

Clareman wrote: »
    I would much prefer see a "prequel" show with the foundation of the club when the Original 9 returned from Vietnam

I believe that is something that is also in the works. I think the Mayans one is probably easier to sell to the network and give more solid reasoning for the First 9 if a success.

Everyone wants a First Nine season, even a feature length film would be class. Mayans could be okay as it is seen through the eyes of a prospect which is an interesting angle imo. I lasted about 2 episodes with the bastard executioner.

Sutter taking SOA prequel and sequel. Sounds like it hangs on the success of the Mayans so wouldn't be surprised if it's his way to get people watching the Mayans instead of complaining about it.

https://www.joe.co.uk/entertainment/sons-of-anarchy-creator-confirms-plans-for-two-more-shows-including-a-sequel-and-prequel-about-jaxs-family-162596

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,266 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Mayans MC is the next chapter in the Sons of Anarchy saga, Kurt Sutter’s award-winning series that was the highest-rated ongoing drama series in FX history for seven seasons. The Mayans were recurring and pivotal players in Sons of Anarchy throughout the show’s seven-year run.

Mayans MC is set in a post-Jax Teller world, where EZ Reyes, fresh out of prison, is a prospect in the Mayan MC charter on the Cali/Mexi border. Now EZ must carve out his new outlaw identity in a town where he once was the golden boy who had the American Dream within his grasp.

Mayans MC stars Edward James Olmos, JD Pardo, Sarah Bolger, Clayton Cardenas, Richard Cabral, Michael Irby, Raoul Trujillo, Antonio Jaramillo and Carla Baratta.

http://www.comingsoon.net/tv/trailers/944237-first-mayans-mc-teaser

Advertisement