Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PSNI Recruitment 1710 Campaign

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

NiK9 wrote: »
    NiK9 wrote: »
    Personally I don't think they should have changed the head, neck and hand tattoo policy. Not that I disagree with tattoo, far from it. But everyone should be "uniformed" and not stand out from one another.

So you feel that having some ink on your body affects your ability to Iron a shirt and trousers, polish boots, shave (keep a beard tidy), tie up hair (for females and longer haired gents)?

You know rightly when I said uniformed I didn't mean clothing. Everyone should look exactly the same when in clothing nothing about them should make them stand out differently from the rest of the other constables working. No matter if that be tattoos, piercings or crazy hair colour (excluding us gingers of course lol).
    People don't have good memories, if someone wants to make a complaint etc and they can't remember who it was but they remember 1 cop had a tat that's the one they will report. Same reason UK forces only use shepherd breeds for general purpose dog work and even then they never use white ones because they stand out too much. Everyone should look exactly the same when in uniform.

Again same logic you are applying means a female officer shouldn't go to an incident if she is the only one there...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭NiK9

Well my opinion. You are free to disagree :)

Nice insight into prejudices there mate.

Thinking everyone should be equal isn't really going against anyone but anyway. If someone chooses to change their body with tattoo. Like most if us have. It has been our own decisions what we get and where we get it. It may not effect their ability but in my opinion everyone should be the "grey man".

The police needs to be representative of society though...

By your logic someone who doesn't conform to your belief of what a police officer should be, shouldn't get to be one. That's not equality, that's discrimination.

Some people get tattoos on their face or facial alterations for religious reasons...

Like I said all opinions so neither of us are wrong or right lol. No point arguing/debating.

You want to be a police officer, yes you are entitled to your opinion, but need to be careful how and where you voice it.

Those opinions expressed as you did would be seen as discrimination in a work place. Especially use of the word "should"

The recruitment and selection process maintains equality and the policy is now no offensive tattoos and no tattoos that may conceal your identity.

• Advertisement

PSNI officers are watched like hawks and so many levels of oversight that complaints are frequent and claim culture means that anyway the public can make money they will take the opportunity.

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Johannes_Cabal

If you have tattoos you still have to keep them covered whilst in uniform.

If you have tattoos you still have to keep them covered whilst in uniform.

Quoting a friend who is in and has tattoos. "Depends on management" Some care, some don't. It expressly stated in the 1509 Campaign website that tattoos must be covered whilst working, new Join PSNI website does not, as such it is reasonable to expect that this is no longer the case and the policy as has been laxed.

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Johannes_Cabal

Quoting a friend who is in and has tattoos. "Depends on management" Some care, some don't. It expressly stated in the 1509 Campaign website that tattoos must be covered whilst working, new Join PSNI website does not, as such it is reasonable to expect that this is no longer the case and the policy as has been laxed.

I'm in GV at the moment, have tattoos and have been told that they are to be covered at all times, exceptions are P.E. and PSP.

As far as I'm aware how you wear your uniform when at station depends on the preference of local management. It has been mentioned during our course that those of us with tattoos will always be in long sleeves.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Cbm27

Hope we all get good news in the coming week. Good luck everyone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭BlueCop8790

Good luck everyone, I hope you all get the results yous want. Now for the nervy wait and constant emails to keep us on edge every 5 mins lol.

• Advertisement

Good luck everyone, I hope you all get the results yous want. Now for the nervy wait and constant emails to keep us on edge every 5 mins lol.

For once in glad I'm working nights all week. Atleast that way when I am awake I know there is no chance of getting results and won't constantly be looking at phone lol.
    Good luck everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭KN1231999

The week has approached us, better late than never, good luck to all of you and I hope we all get that exclusive ticket to Belfast ;) may the 5 day wait begin

How much do you's wanna bet that Deloitte will be getting sacked after this campaign? lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭sparkylarky

How much do you's wanna bet that Deloitte will be getting sacked after this campaign? lol

Lol I think they will be ok!

• Registered Users Posts: 43 mrlovalova22

Anyone else hitting refresh on your emails every 2 seconds!?!?!?!

• Advertisement

Lol yeap! This is going to be a very unproductive week!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭NornIron74

I have a Chrome extension that tells me if I have an email even when outlook isn't open and I'm still refreshing it every 2 seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Smurfmaster1

All the best everyone, hope Deloitte is kind! On here to take a break from refreshing my emails!

Love they way they can send that bulls**t survey email no bother but can't send out the results on the Monday. Bit unfair to folk who will have early assessment centres

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭Slo85

Good luck everyone. Hopefully we hear today and not towards the end of the week.

It's only 14 days till the 22nd, seriously Deloitte catch a grip.

Everytime I refresh my emails my heart drops for a second looking at my new emails lol

Everytime I refresh my emails my heart drops for a second looking at my new emails lol

KN1231999 wrote: »
    I'm not getting any new emails at all, I'm just waiting to see a number 1 pop up

I guess if we haven't heard by 1630, it won't be today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭jwhdkl5736

Fingers crossed for tomorrow then you guise.

Fingers crossed for before Friday.

Guaranteed we'll get it at exactly 5pm on Friday, I think Deloitte like watching us suffer.

Deloitte - Destroyer of Dreams

Awake for work and got excited by "PSNI Recruitment" email but it was just this :( lol.
    2 weeks isn't alot of time to study hard never mind organise time off work or childcare etc etc for the A.C. you would think they would of had results ready to send today.

My primary problem is the lack of transparency alongside the tightening time frame.

I may be sitting on recruitment panels next month, and as it will be my first time doing so I have to go on the course.

Which will take a week plus 2 weeks worth of panels...

Literally don't they understand that we all work/study/have lives?

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭The Rookie

The waiting continues......possibly until 4.45pm on Friday :rolleyes:

Did anyone else just get trolled by Deloitte?

Deloitte are you trying to give me a heart attack?

• Advertisement

No what happened?

No what happened?
    They sent another email to remind people to complete the feedback survey

Aww right they are just torturing us waiting then getting false hopes up lol

Aww right they are just torturing us waiting then getting false hopes up lol

Ragin. I looked at the email and thought this is it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 LPT2018

Some serious trolling there by Deloitte is right!
    Hi guys, I'm new to the forum. All the best with results this week. Fingers and toes crossed in my house all week.

LPT2018 wrote: »
    Some seriously trolling there by Deloitte is right!
    Hi guys, I'm new to the forum. All the best with results this week. Fingers and toes crossed in my house all week.
    Welcome :) All the best on your results buddy, any questions just fire away, the guys on here are very helpful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 the_accountant

Also new to the forum so hi!

That Deloitte email is pure torture!

We will not here before 1000hrs Thursday

I thought that might be the case as the questionnaire is available until that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Rookie23

That was a low blow..

• Advertisement
Advertisement