Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most recommended crypto buying site for transferring to an from bank account

Options
  • 04-01-2018 1:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭

I'm just getting into this game so apologies if there are posts out there on this.

Can anyone recommend the best/safest/fastest site to sign up to in order to trade from BOI account?

Planning on buying some Ripple mainly!

Thank you!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

BornIn84 wrote: »
    I'm just getting into this game so apologies if there are posts out there on this.

Can anyone recommend the best/safest/fastest site to sign up to in order to trade from BOI account?

Planning on buying some Ripple mainly!

Thank you!

Get verified by sending some photos of I.D etc
    but can take a day or two to verify.

Transfer some funds into your EURO wallet on Coinbase via credit card (instantly) or via SEPA which can take are day our two.

When Euro funds arrive buy ETH on Coinbase and then send it to an exchange like say Binance (sign up and get verified there too) and buy some Ripple using the ETH over on Binance.

That should get you up and running til you learn the ropes more.

*on phone so sorry if hard to read

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭BornIn84

Thanks so much TS. I'm signed up to Coinbase.

I see that ETH is rated 812 euros right now. Sorry for my ignorance but can i buy whatever value even below that 812?

I plan on only buying 40/50 worth of Ripple.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,930 ✭✭✭dodzy

I see that ETH is rated 812 euros right now. Sorry for my ignorance but can i buy whatever value even below that 812?

Yes, you will be purchasing just a portion of a coin, in effect.

Guys, quick question.... Is it possible because I'm not verified by CB yet that I am having issues transferring funds from Debit Card ? Message tells me to contact card issues (Bank)

I Passport ID trustworthy on coinbase?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,930 ✭✭✭dodzy

I Passport ID trustworthy on coinbase?
    I've used a DL (front and back) on a few registrations and no issues thus far. Just waiting on CB approval. Binance wanted a selfie with ID also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭SeanJ09

You can only exchange Bitcoin, Ethereum and Litecoin on Coinexchange. I don't believe you can buy Ripple on it, try Binance.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

SeanJ09 wrote: »
    You can only exchange Bitcoin, Ethereum and Litecoin on Coinexchange. I don't believe you can buy Ripple on it, try Binance.
    I think the OP knows this. He's trying to buy ETH/BTC easily to trade with on Binance.

Dades wrote: »
    I think the OP knows this. He's trying to buy ETH/BTC easily to trade with on Binance.

Thanks Dades.

Yeah basically i have my Bank account and/or card and want to trade Ripple but can't on coinbase so going to exchange ETH for Ripple like was suggested.

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Damie

Why is Ripple the trade of choice at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭BONDIred

Just set up coinbase and binance account, starting very small but when I try to buy in binance it say min must be 0.02, what does this mean and how much is it?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

1. What are you trying to buy? and
    2. What are you trying to buying it with?

Whatever you're trying to buy, you must have a tradable coin in a Binance wallet to use to buy it. e.g. BTC or ETH.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭BONDIred

Dades wrote: »
    1. What are you trying to buy? and
    2. What are you trying to buying it with?

Whatever you're trying to buy, you must have a tradable coin in a Binance wallet to use to buy it. e.g. BTC or ETH.

I bought ETH in coinbase and tfr to binance to buy ripple.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭dauhee

binance, kraken, bitstamp, bitfinex not accepting new sign ups currently

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭dauhee

every time you transfer, you pay fees. so your eur account to eth - 1.99Eur, then from coinbase to elsewhere for XRP could be 1-2Eur. The less moving around you do the better.

To be honest if just spending/blowing 50Eur, best have some fun and learn the ropes. Realistically if looking to have 45Eur sitting on XRP and waiting for the tide to come in, you could maybe earn something crazy like 1k down the line if good things happen. thats fine if thats what you're after.

Maybe try some day trading (quick hop on and off from rising coin) on altcoins. There is also a time delay with some transfers, bitcoin for example is backlogged and fees are quite high currently (goes up when there is high activity) - could take 12 hours.

Advertisement