Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I’m currently watching/reading/listening to?

• 02-01-2018 10:49pm
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,651 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Hey guys this is a thread for ye to let us know what ye are listening to either a song, album or podcast that ye would recommend.

Or perhaps there’s a new tv show ye want to rave about? Or the latest bingewordy thing on Netflix or even a trip to the cinema ye want to let us know about.

Or is there a book or blog you are reading let us all know here.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,651 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Celebrity Big Brother started back tonight I always find that an easy watch to ease back in the new year.

I’m currently playing catch up on daily podcast shows from Christmas week. I only really get time to listen to podcast shows on the way too and from work these days.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I'm watching The Grand Tour on amazon prime and listening to the storm. :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,651 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Posy wrote: »
    I'm watching The Grand Tour on amazon prime and listening to the storm. :)

Isn’t there something so cosy about listening to a storm outside when you’re wrapped up watching tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Loughc wrote: »
    Isn’t there something so cosy about listening to a storm outside when you’re wrapped up watching tv.
    I love it, especially when the rain is hitting off the windows :) There's something relaxing about it :)

I’m currently watching How to get away with murder season 3 on Netflix. It’s extremely bingewordy.

Season 1-3 are on Netflix and season 4 starts on Sky living on Tuesday. So great timing I can roll right from one season into the other.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

We just finished the second season of The Crown- so good!

I’m finding it hard to read fiction at the moment so I’m mostly reading long form journalism from around the web. I find Longreads & LitHub a good way to find them.

As for books I’m currently reading “Gender Failure” by Ivan Coyote.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

I just have the last episode of The Crown to watch! I'm loving it!

Not reading a great deal at the minute. Have two books on the go - The Birth Partner by Penny Simpkins and A Guide to Childbirth by Ina May Gaskin as this year, I'm going to train as a Doula! Very excited!

The Voice UK, Take Me Out and Dancing on Ice all back this weekend.

Irish first dates back on Tuesday.

All easy leave your brain at the door type shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Dancing On Ice is great. The element of danger really adds to it. :D

I've been binge-watching the latest series of Survivor all day.

Dancing On Ice is great. The element of danger really adds to it. :D

I've been binge-watching the latest series of Survivor all day.

Ooh I like survivor where you watching the latest series?

• Advertisement

Ooh I like survivor where you watching the latest series?

Somewhere I'm not allowed mention on Boards. :pac:

Anyone got any good Podcasts recommendations? I'm up to date with one and the last week were all Christmassy as they were getting closer to the break.

I'd love some festive ones or just lighthearted ones, my other podcasts are too argumentative for my liking at the moment.

Anyone got any good Podcasts recommendations? I'm up to date with one and the last week were all Christmassy as they were getting closer to the break.

I'd love some festive ones or just lighthearted ones, my other podcasts are too argumentative for my liking at the moment.

Just following up on this, I searched Christmas in the Apple Podcast and I came across this years Christmas Special of RTÉ Radio 1 Today with Sean O'Rourke.

Trust me this wouldn't normally be my cup of tea, but as it was a Christmas special I had to have a listen and lads its brilliant. It's full of Christmas songs, poems and they even a Scientist on answering questions about Santa Claus from 1st Class Students. And the Scientist is brilliant lads he has an answer for everything and all logically answers too and not just "fairy dust" answers.

It's well worth a listen and it really helps with the post Christmas blues.

I’m loving Dancing On Ice already. Perfect thing to watch this evening!

I’m loving Dancing On Ice already. Perfect thing to watch this evening!

Watching it ourselves. Great Sunday night entertainment! Such an easy watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Uranium

The infinite monkey cage on BBC 4

This movie was mentioned in a podcast I’m listening to and it reminded me how much I love the movie and this song.

And the song is now stuck in my head. So catchy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭milli milli

I'm currently watching Designated Survivor on Netflix, with Kiefer Sutherland. Really good political drama. I love the premise. Just finished Season 1. Going to let Season 2 build up before I start it.

I've been meaning to read more and I was sick with flu for a couple of weeks so it was a good excuse. Re-reading the old chestnut Pride & Prejudice. I bought the Jane Austen Book Club last summer so want to read all her books before I read it. Wish me luck! :D

Good luck with Mansfield Park- it is quite the slog! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭milli milli

Posy wrote: »
    Good luck with Mansfield Park- it is quite the slog! :pac:

Oh I might leave it til the end, so! :D

• Advertisement

Came across a Christmas Podcast "Tis The Podcast" where they review and talk about Christmas Movies/Christmas TV Specials.

Only listened to one episode so far but it's light, an easy listen and funny in parts. I'd definitely give it a go if you're stuck for a podcast to listen to.

They seem to have episodes quite regularly so it's not just a seasonal podcast.

I also listen to "Can't Wait For Christmas" podcast. This is VERY American so be warned. The host can be VERY OTT and some of his impressions/jokes are very corny.

There's a new episode every 25th. However what is good is he does go into good detail on where some of the Christmas traditions come from, that can be interesting and there are some useful tips from time to time, but a lot of it is very skip-able.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

I'm watching The Long Long Holiday on Netflix. It's a French animated series about two young siblings who leave their home in Paris to stay with their grandparents for the duration of the second world war. It's suitable for children as it's all shown through their eyes but it's based on real stories so is nuanced and captivating as well as sad at times.

I'm watching it in English rather than the original French, as S can't read fast enough to follow subtitles. But the original voice work is highly recommended in the reviews I've read. It's a truly beautiful series though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Oh that sounds lovely, Iguana! I must look it up - I'm always looking for French stuff to watch!

Just finished season 4 of black mirror on the weekend. What a show.

Ye guys watching anything good lately?

I'm watching season 3 of Black Mirror, and the latest series of QI. :)

I watched "Save Me" on Sky Atlantic. Not bad, well written and thought out.

I also finished "Stranger Things" Season 2 last night. Great show, the chemistry between the cast is what makes it.

Celebrity Bake Off started last night. So funny. If you haven't watch it it should be on demand.

It was fantastic!! I'm looking forward to the rest of the series. :D

Bill though. :(

Came across a Christmas Podcast "Tis The Podcast" where they review and talk about Christmas Movies/Christmas TV Specials.

Only listened to one episode so far but it's light, an easy listen and funny in parts. I'd definitely give it a go if you're stuck for a podcast to listen to.

They seem to have episodes quite regularly so it's not just a seasonal podcast.

This podcast gets better and better the 3 co-hosts are friends in real life and it shows on this, the chemistry works, it's like listening to 3 friends having a catchup and they all love Christmas! :)

I also watched Christmas Office Party (2016) last night on Amazon Prime it's actually very funny. Bit crude but lots of good one liners and a decent cast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,355 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Been watching some Hallmark Christmas movies on youtube this past week.
    Now am enjoying some Christmas jazz..... This is a sweet song I never heard before:

Advertisement