Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best way to trade on binance when I have coinbase account

Options
  • 04-01-2018 11:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭

I want to buy coins on binance as it seems to be recommended but I need to trade other coins to do it as they don't accept euros.

So I have a coinbase account and bitcoin in it.

What's the best way (cheapest too) of getting coins on binance.

I have heard transfer to Gdax and then transfer to binance but have tried getting 2nd verification on Gdax and it hasn't worked.

Any help is appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

Pussyhands wrote: »
    I want to buy coins on binance as it seems to be recommended but I need to trade other coins to do it as they don't accept euros.

So I have a coinbase account and bitcoin in it.

What's the best way (cheapest too) of getting coins on binance.

I have heard transfer to Gdax and then transfer to binance but have tried getting 2nd verification on Gdax and it hasn't worked.

Any help is appreciated.

You're on the right track going to GDAX first and I feel your pain trying to get verified.

Goto GDAX and try get your second verification passed.
    It will more than likely fail and you will get an email from Coinbase indicating this.
    Within that email there is a 'try again' button or similar.

This will bring you to coinbase (not GDAX) where it will allow you add more verification (which does work this time) to your Coinbase account which will also work for GDAX.

It's hard to find within Coinbase where to add second verification, but the 'failure email allows you too.

Hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

You're on the right track going to GDAX first and I feel your pain trying to get verified.

Goto GDAX and try get your second verification passed.
    It will more than likely fail and you will get an email from Coinbase indicating this.
    Within that email there is a 'try again' button or similar.

This will bring you to coinbase (not GDAX) where it will allow you add more verification (which does work this time) to your Coinbase account which will also work for GDAX.

It's hard to find within Coinbase where to add second verification, but the 'failure email allows you too.

Hope this helps

Thanks!

I've tried again and again to verify but it fails every time. Have yet to see an email from coinbase...will need to try again..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭Laviski

use the coinbase phone app to verify. works better.

Laviski wrote: »
    use the coinbase phone app to verify. works better.

2nd verification?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,423 ✭✭✭wonga77

Can you not just transfer the bitcoin from coinbase to binance or are the fees too high?

• Advertisement

wonga77 wrote: »
    Can you not just transfer the bitcoin from coinbase to binance or are the fees too high?

I believe the fees are fairly high, not sure what they are though.

Pussyhands wrote: »
    I believe the fees are fairly high, not sure what they are though.

Worth finding out exactly and weighing up the options, you might be waiting a while to get verified elsewhere and in the meantime the value of the coin your watching on binance might shoot up. Its a pain in the ass waiting to get verified these days

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

I've been trying to do this as well and used my phone to verify my passport id but I got the message something along the lines of 'you have exceeded the maximum number of attempts for today. Please wait 24 hours before trying again.'

Is there any way around this or anything i should do different when trying again tomorrow. I'm worried the same message will pop up again and it'll just be constant cycle

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

I just tried the same process on GDAX. After a delay it just said "try again".

Nope.

I tried to get verified on bitstamp. 3 weeks later and its still pending, I just gave up and went elsewhere. There's nothing more frustrating, especially if you are watching a coin rise elsewhere that you want to buy

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

I’ve just transferred my LTC to Binance this afternoon and bought some Tron.

Already seen a 10% increase! ;)

Advertisement