Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masternode Coins

Options
  • 01-01-2018 3:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭

I dip in and out of this forum so apologies if there is a thread already on this subject. I’ve been trading crypto for the last 12 months.
    Having seeing the surge Dash has made in the last 6 months has really made me sit up and take notice.

Dash is a unique coin, a Masternode coin, works very different to Bitcoin and many other coins in that the protocol is PoS (Proof of Stake) instead of PoW (Proof Of Work) ie mining.
    You may have heard of staking coins, which means holding coins in an open wallet that are used as collateral across the network and earning more coins this way. So there is no mining.

A Masternode is a wallet with a predetermined amount of coins in it, for Dash it’s 1,000 coins, so to be a Dash Masternode you’ll need over 1 Millions dollars worth of coins!
    But the passive income from this is insane. Dash Masternodes make $186,000 per year holding their coins. Welcome to the crypto currencies version of interest!
    The great thing about a Masternode is it can be run off a VPS so you don’t have to have your wallet open and online like you would for staking.

Many are predicting 2018 to be the year of the Masternode, more and more people are seeking passive income and a secure coin that won’t be so volatile when Bitcoin aka the honey badger decides to rip all the alts a new arse hole on a bull run.

I’ve set up a few nodes in different coins in the last few weeks Pure, Magnet and Kore.

Plenty of info online, please do your own research! List of MN coins here and ROI -
    www.masternodes.online
    www.mnrankm.com

Happy new year to all
    Twitter @crypto_gav

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

gavkm27 wrote: »
    !
    But the passive income from this is insane. Dash Masternodes make $186,000 per year holding their coins.

You missed a key point here - that $186,000 is based on current price in a highly volatile market.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Any other interesting Masternodes? Other than Dash these arent really lighting my fire as Crypto's (ignoring "we have a masternode!").

• Registered Users Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭ZeroThreat

Matt Simis wrote: »
    Any other interesting Masternodes? Other than Dash these arent really lighting my fire as Crypto's (ignoring "we have a masternode!").

Keep an eye out for something called 'SuppoCoin', not sure how legit it is though tbh, supposedly it's some type of privacy coin coming soon where 1,000 coins = a node (afaik 1,000 coins cost $500).

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭gavkm27

You missed a key point here - that $186,000 is based on current price in a highly volatile market.

I think you missed the point, Masternodes being greater stability to a volatile market. The amount is silly I know, it’s based on today’s price, so much changes with regard to block rewards over that year I’m not sure what it would average out at but it’s still a lot of money.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,500 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

ZeroThreat wrote: »
    Keep an eye out for something called 'SuppoCoin', not sure how legit it is though tbh, supposedly it's some type of privacy coin coming soon where 1,000 coins = a node (afaik 1,000 coins cost $500).

googling SuppoCoin has page after page of "scam"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭stooge

Wagerr have the concept of masternodes/oracles. Depending on the amount of bets going through the wagerr network you could be looking at 40k usd per year (assuming 1% of current betting market cap in us is diverted to wager). A lot of accumlation of wagerr in the past few weeks albeit through limited avanues (waves and yobit). It could be big but at 25k Wagerr minimum required to run a masternode... its a risky bet (~12.5k USD).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭ZeroThreat

googling SuppoCoin has page after page of "scam"

hah yeah I half expected that, sounds dodgy but I wasn't sure.

The youtuber Suppoman was shilling the coin recently, not surprised then if it's endorsed by a notorious scam artist who runs pump'n'dump groups.

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭gavkm27

Matt Simis wrote: »
    Voise, Walton Chain and Sys Coin are all launching Masternodes, but again these are top  coins that cost a lot to get a node. Check Magnet, Pure and Alqo, all good strong projects with a lot of community behind them, cheers

Advertisement