Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Alias Grace -Netflix (**Spoilers**)

• 27-07-2017 9:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60,279 ✭✭✭✭

From Margaret Atwood writer of The Handmaid's Tale come the new Netflix Original Alias Grace.

If it's half as good as Hulu's The Handmaid's Tale this should be very good.
    Alias Grace is based on Margaret Atwood's award-winning novel. The six-hour miniseries follows Grace Marks, a poor, young Irish immigrant and domestic servant in Upper Canada who, along with stable hand James McDermott, was convicted of the brutal murders of their employer, Thomas Kinnear, and his housekeeper, Nancy Montgomery, in 1843.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,279 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Drops on November 3rd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Achasanai

Saw the trailer for that, looks great. Shame it's not until November.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Marje

It's nice when you can binge watch a tv series and it's over in one evening.

There's only 6 episodes and the time flew.

I enjoyed it, great cast and story.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Foweva Awone

Marje wrote: »
    It's nice when you can binge watch a tv series and it's over in one evening.

There's only 6 episodes and the time flew.

I enjoyed it, great cast and story.

Oooh I forgot about this, thanks for the reminder. That's my Sunday evening sorted. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 60,279 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Really enjoyed that six episodes was a nice binge for a Sunday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Foweva Awone

I'm three episodes in and loving it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Azatadine

Just finished this last night. Thought it was excellently made and acted. Mind you, one episode at a time was enough for me. Pretty intense.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,946 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I thought the lead was played by Saoirse Ronan :o, looks very alike

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Azatadine

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I thought the lead was played by Saoirse Ronan :o, looks very alike

Kinda looked like Ashley Judd I thought.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

I enjoyed this. Somewhat atypical of what we've come to expect from Netflix - finite number of episodes, no meandering running time and simply getting on with the story, and letting the characters breathe. Credit to Sarah Polley and her team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84,946 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

brian_t wrote: »
    Alias Grace starts on TG4 on Tuesday 23rd March at 10.30pm.

Advertisement