Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

GW 20 Captain?

• 24-12-2017 12:16pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Kane for me, or Sterling...Argh...

EDIT: Have Salah too...

GW 20 Captain 151 votes

Kane(SOU)
    0% 0 votes
    Jesus(new)
    45% 69 votes
    Aguero(new)
    1% 3 votes
    Sterling(new)
    1% 3 votes
    Salah(SWA)
    3% 6 votes
    Firmino(SWA)
    27% 42 votes
    Lukaku(BUR)
    1% 2 votes
    Sanchez(cry)
    1% 2 votes
    Vardy(wat)
    0% 1 vote
    Morata(BRI)
    0% 1 vote
    Hazard(BRI)
    6% 10 votes
    Rooney(wba)
    7% 12 votes
    Other(mention in thread)
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭bantee

It’s really tough this GW, between Kane, Morata and Hazard for me. Seeing as I’m planning on bringing in Morata for Aguero, I’ll probably use the same tactic as GW19 and stick it on the newcomer to the team!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Salah

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Salah

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Going to let Kane get me the 2 pts this week.

This GW might actually see the widest spread of captains in a while, I forgot to list Salah above too!

• Advertisement

This GW might actually see the widest spread of captains in a while, I forgot to list Salah above too!

Phone acting up, sorry about the triple post

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Salah for me

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Kane v Salah

Tough one.

Might go Kane because of the sheer number of shots Southampton have been conceding recently especially away from home and we know Harry gets quite a few away. Plus the whole beat Alan Shearer's calendar year record would be nice.

Salah may be due one of his rests too ie. taken off early with game won. His teammates seem to be getting in on his act presumably with the help of teams trying to focus on him with the form he had earlier this season. Combining his "rest" potential with the recent sharing of spoils pushes me to Kane.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Most likely Kane, tempted by Hazard too.

Will prob avoid Liverpool, have Salah and Cout so fairly invested already. Swansea are solid at the back and Liverpool often struggle to break down buses at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Kane is playing in the 12:30 game
    Salah is playing in the 5:30 game

A 12:30 game on St Stephens day in a stadium like Wembley doesn't sit well with me. But you will be guaranteed the 90mins out of Kane due to Shearer's record & he is currently on 53 while Messi is on 54 for goals in 2017. He'll be looking to beat this too.
    Southampton haven't kept a clean sheet in 10 games.

Salah - you'd imagine an atmosphere at Anfield & a night game. However Liverpool will either struggle to break Swansea down & if they don't Salah & Coutinho will both be subbed 70minutes

Sterling - Wednesday night 7:45 away in Newcastle. Great atmosphere and Newcastle shipping goals. Looks nailed on in his current form

Hazard / Morata - 3pm game. Need a big performance. Brighton kept 2 clean sheets but were both at home. Previous 3 away games conceded 2,2,1 to Spurs, Huddersfield, Man Utd. Chelsea will score in this and I think they'll get 3 or more

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Coutinho atm but not certain. I'll wait for more info if he'll be rested or anything before making the decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,131 ✭✭✭✭km79

Kane is the only one without a game next weekend so him

• Registered Users Posts: 17,222 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Salah but maybe Kane or _______ (Austin replacement I haven't signed yet)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭AnneFrank

Salah for me

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Hazard.

It’s extremely tough though, with Kane, Salah and Sterling also crying out for attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭timber train

Ageuro 11 goals
    3 assists
    14 games
    V Newcastle

I might take out Harry and put in Ageuro and make him captain .

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭student7890

I'm fixed on Salah, really don't think Morata is going to surprise me by scoring tomorrow against Brighton after time off.
    Kane incoming

Beam me up Scotty.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,363 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Back on Harry after flirting with Hazard. He looked back to his best against Burnley and surely he'll be fired up to break the record.

• Advertisement

Back on Harry after flirting with Hazard. He looked back to his best against Burnley and surely he'll be fired up to break the record.

He has no game next weekend to be subbed off early for either
    That’s what’s decided it for me

Yep, think I’ll stick it on Harry myself too. Might still transfer in Morata for Aguero though as I doubt he’ll start v Newcastle

• Registered Users Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Morata Salah hazard sane or firminho. Tough choice but leaning towards hazard. Salah due a rest

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Irish Raven

thinking hazard as the differential....have salah coutiniho sterling and kane in team also....

will hazard bag a couple with a couple of assists......

thinking hazard as the differential....have salah coutiniho sterling and kane in team also....

No would be the probable answer

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

They will probably all start but the only one I'd be fully confident of starting would be Kane. Its the reason I was always holding Kane to be able to captain someone for this gw that had a decent fixture and would definitely start.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,077 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Morata Salah hazard sane or firminho. Tough choice but leaning towards hazard. Salah due a rest

Salah last 5 games minutes in 79,66,90,70,90 he should be getting the majority of minutes.

Salah last 5 games minutes in 79,66,90,70,90 he should be getting the majority of minutes.

Or you could look at it another way .......

• Registered Users Posts: 7,077 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

km79 wrote: »
    Or you could look at it another way .......

which is?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

No Kane as I offloaded him for Aguero last week

I've only captained Hazard twice this year. Got me 30 points and 12 points. I'll be captaining him tomorrow. Salah - VC

Advertisement