Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Coinbase vs GDAX Verification

Options
  • 24-12-2017 12:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Just got verified on Coinbase, does this mean I'm verified on Gdax too or is that separate?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

...did you try it?

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭diarmaidol

Just got verified on Coinbase, does this mean I'm verified on Gdax too or is that separate?

No you need to submit 2 IDs to get access to deposit into GDAX. Fill them in with either tool. It should guide you through.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Flamablanca

It verifies the first ID automatically from Coinbase

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭UpTheSlashers

Trying adding a second form of identity verification in coinbase, the verification process on coinbase is much better than on GDAX.

Once you two forms on identity verification on coinbase they will carry over to GDAX.

I already had one form verified on coinbase but needed another when I signed into GDAX. My verification kept failing. I looked around online and found the easiest way is to go back to Coinbase and do the second verification there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Flamablanca

Yeah I uploaded both forms of ID and they both got accepted but I'm having another problem now, I'm abroad at the moment and they want a local form of ID for the country I'm in!
    The site automatically selects your country based on your IP I'm guessing but I won't be home until March at the earliest so there's no way around it :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭J_A_F_A

Yeah I uploaded both forms of ID and they both got accepted but I'm having another problem now, I'm abroad at the moment and they want a local form of ID for the country I'm in!
    The site automatically selects your country based on your IP I'm guessing but I won't be home until March at the earliest so there's no way around it :(

Install a VPN. Make sure that it covers the country you want to be in. (eg, not all VPNs have a server in Ireland.) https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/ does. GDAX don't have a problem with using a VPN according to this:
    https://support.gdax.com/customer/en/portal/articles/2425208-gdax-frequently-asked-questions-faq-

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

Not seeing any option in Coinbase to upload a second form of image verification. Want to verify my driving license, my passport is already verified.

Yea it's confusion but I've a solution...

When the inevitable failure email arrives from Coinbase/GDAX then open it and you will see a button to 'try again'

This will shortcut you into your Coinbase account where you will then be able to submit a second set of documents etc.

I too couldn't find it under my regular login. But this way you can get to the menu in question.

Hope This helps

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭J_A_F_A

https://support.coinbase.com/customer/en/portal/articles/1220621-identity-verification

https://www.coinbase.com/verifications/documents/new

(Don't know why my reply isn't quoting the relevant post)
    It appears this post has been deleted: "Originally Posted by Coterie of Lawmakers View Post
    Not seeing any option in Coinbase to upload a second form of image verification. Want to verify my driving license, my passport is already verified."

Leaving my post up as it may help others.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Question. I want to buy ripple. Is binance the best option?

So I buy litecoin on gdax and then transfer to binance?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,728 ✭✭✭Naos

What ID did you use to get verified?

I've tried Passport and old Drivers license to no avail...

• Advertisement
Advertisement