Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ripple Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭JustShay

Blacktie. wrote: »
    This whole post hurt my brain.

yew. welcomez

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭splashuum

David Schwartz the chief cryptographer at Ripple has stated that two huge announcements will be made before the new year. You can look up his twitter if you would like to see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

OK I've created a Coinbase account ....any idea how long verifcation takes as I would like to deposit some cash and go shopping.

I've also setup a Binance account and awating verification..how long does that take too?

Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Benzino

Just on the topic of Coinbase adding more currencies, anybody know what their criteria is?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭keano25

Any chance of the 10sec guide on how to get going.

#CryptoVirgin

No problem, I was the same yesterday and struggled to get any info.

What I did was as follows;

1 - Sign up to Coinbase and buy as much as your willing to spend in Bitcoin.
    2 - Sign up to Binance.
    3 - Transfer your Bitcoin you purchased from Coinbase to Binance.
    4 - On Binance, exchange your newly added Bitcoin for XRP.

That's it bud took me about 30 minutes. So far I'm up 4 dollars :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭privateBeavis

Benzino wrote: »
    Just on the topic of Coinbase adding more currencies, anybody know what their criteria is?

https://www.gdax.com/static/digital-asset-framework-2017-11.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭chakotha

I transferred BTC from Coinbase to Bitfinex and bought Ripple and Iota easily enough.

Mimimum BTC withdrawal from Bitfinex is approx 250Usd worth of BTC afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭chakotha

I transferred BTC from Coinbase to Bitfinex and bought Ripple and Iota easily enough.

Mimimum BTC withdrawal from Bitfinex is approx 250Usd worth of BTC afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,350 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Benzino wrote: »
    Am I right in thinking Ripple doesn't meet the criteria? I believe I heard that before and from a few sources.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

Am trading with coinbase and Gdax at present, I am just becoming familiar with buying and selling using limit orders. As I am interested in buying into some additional low cost cryptos, could someone help me with the following?
    Am considering Ripple as a long term investment, is this wise? Any other low cost cryptos worth considering?
    I have opened an account with Binance. How do I go about purchasing from this exchange given I only have euro and litecoin on Gdax? Any help for a newbie would be appreciated and I will come back to this site in a few years to let ye all know where I am retiring to along with everyone else on this thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭jonny_b

august12 wrote: »
    Am trading with coinbase and Gdax at present, I am just becoming familiar with buying and selling using limit orders. As I am interested in buying into some additional low cost cryptos, could someone help me with the following?
    Am considering Ripple as a long term investment, is this wise? Any other low cost cryptos worth considering?
    I have opened an account with Binance. How do I go about purchasing from this exchange given I only have euro and litecoin on Gdax? Any help for a newbie would be appreciated and I will come back to this site in a few years to let ye all know where I am retiring to along with everyone else on this thread.

Transfer Litecoin to your binance address, sell it to convert it to Bitcoin then buy XRP (Ripple)

jonny_b wrote:
    Transfer Litecoin to your binance address, sell it to convert it to Bitcoin then buy XRP (Ripple)

Thanks, have just transferred litecoin to binance, any idea when transfer will show up on account, is selling and converting to bitcoin the only option, are fees less on limit orders similar to Gdax where there is no fee.

OK I've created a Coinbase account ....any idea how long verifcation takes as I would like to deposit some cash and go shopping.

I've also setup a Binance account and awating verification..how long does that take too?

Thanks in advance.

Heads up for all you fellow CryptoNewbies ...you cant use Revolut account to buy on Coinbase.:o

Im learning :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

Heads up for all you fellow CryptoNewbies ...you cant use Revolut account to buy on Coinbase.:o

Im learning :(

Yes you can, you just have to do a SEPA bank Transfer, card transactions won't work

papu wrote: »
    Yes you can, you just have to do a SEPA bank Transfer, card transactions won't work

sorry my bad...no card transactions!!

Thanks in advance.

Update:

verified now on Binace and Coinbase.

Ive sent an IBAN from my Bank to Coinbase, so hopefully have the €uros showing in my Coinbase account in a day,or two - then buy some Litecoins and then over to Binace with them and trade for XRP.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

Update:

Ive sent an IBAN from my Bank to Coinbase, so hopefully have the €uros showing in my Coinbase account in a day,or two - then buy some Litecoins and then over to Binace with them and trade for XRP.

Hopefully, could you let us know if the bank trans. to Coinbase goes through? there does seem to be a backlog, my transfer is still pending 8 days later!

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭Uncle Mclovin

papu wrote: »
    Hopefully, could you let us know if the bank trans. to Coinbase goes through? there does seem to be a backlog, my transfer is still pending 8 days later!

8 days?

That's brutal. Christmas could have passed by the time my next transfer goes through so!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭garrettod

Hi,

I transferred a small sum by SEPA from my Irish Bank account a few days ago, was in Coinbase next day.

Thanks,

G.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭Carroller

Update:

Is there any reason why you'd buy litecoin instead of ethereum to transfer for xrp

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭DANNY2014

We are literally in dollar territory $0.998343 as of now on coinmarketcap...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭DANNY2014

And we finally have a dollar...

garrettod wrote:
    I transferred a small sum by SEPA from my Irish Bank account a few days ago, was in Coinbase next day.

Same here, next day transfer by SEPA.

Carroller wrote:
    Is there any reason why you'd buy litecoin instead of ethereum to transfer for xrp

You can only trade ether or Bitcoin for ripple on binance, I had litecoin on coinbase, transferred to Binance, exchanged for ether and traded for xrp.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Clondalphian

I signed up for Gatehub for buying Ripple on Sunday. Been waiting for my account to be verified so I can deposit funds and start buying. Has anyone experienced long wait times for getting accounts verified?

DANNY2014 wrote: »
    And we finally have a dollar...

Waiting on SEPA transfer to go through to buy some...twas at 40c when i started this process :(

• Registered Users Posts: 30 SFG

big jump last 24h. Looking like it could break 1euro this year. Have to say think this one of the safer cryptos, probably doesnt have the upside but shouldnt crash as hard if a crash comes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭Carroller

august12 wrote: »
    You can only trade ether or Bitcoin for ripple on binance, I had litecoin on coinbase, transferred to Binance, exchanged for ether and traded for xrp.

So you'd be best off buying ethereum to buy ripple through binance? Sorry for the questions I'm purely doing this for a small amount as a bit of a hobby

Carroller wrote:
    So you'd be best off buying ethereum to buy ripple through binance? Sorry for the questions I'm purely doing this for a small amount as a bit of a hobby

Yes, one step less than me, I am new to this as well and had to seek advice from the more experienced here and I have gained a considerable amount in the last couple of days. Luckily I purchased two days ago and am enjoying the profits, hope it keeps climbing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭barry181091

Woo, I currently have 300$ in profit according to Etoro. It swings so wildly every hour its hilarious. Here's to the first million :P

Advertisement