Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ripple Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭splashuum

splashuum wrote: »
    I'm hearing there is an announcement being made next month which could potentially impact ripples value drastically, Is this true ?

Whether the info I heard was correct or just by total fluke the value hasdefinitely changed drastically.

If XRP does get added to coin base I could see the coin's value increasing to $1.25 pretty quickly.
    This is going by how Litecoin and Ether reacted after being added anyway.
    I think the overalll crypto market cap could go through the roof next year and wouldn't be surprised if xrp hit $2.00 by Dec 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭TheSheriff

Meant to update on this last week - first time post in the forum, but have been reading it for weeks :)

Started out as per all buying BTC and LTC on coinbase, a small amount. Once I started reading on XRP I decided it was the one for me, cashed out of BTC and LTC for a fairly small return (<10%) and got into ripple last week.

Unfortunately, missed the 0.20C by about 2 days, but got in at ~0.50C.

Plan to keep for a long time and hope for the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Bigmac1euro

really want to buy ripple but verification for Bitstamp, Bittrex and GDAX all taking forever. Hopefully one of them confirms tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭garrettod

Don't get me started ...

I'm waiting almost 3 weeks for Bitstamp to approve my documents.

Thanks,

G.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭The Megaphone

Go with Binance - verification only required to move to Level 2 which increases daily withdrawal limit from 2 BTC to 100

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭justback83

I'm using Gatehub with LiteBite as the wallet....seems easy enough so far - just bought €200 worth.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭keano25

Just bought €200 worth of Ripple. First time buying crypto.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭benjamin d

keano25 wrote: »

Ticking upwards again in the last day or two, hopefully you've timed it well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

keano25 wrote: »

Any chance of the 10sec guide on how to get going.

#CryptoVirgin

Any chance of the 10sec guide on how to get going.

#CryptoVirgin

Just try to register for any of the exchanges. By the time they get round to verifying your account you'll have had time to read everything going on the subject!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭3putt

whats the best exchange to buy ripple?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

benjamin d wrote: »
    Just try to register for any of the exchanges. By the time they get round to verifying your account you'll have had time to read everything going on the subject!

Can you recommend one please.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭JustShay

Ripple to reach $2 - $5 in 2018. It is coming to Coinbase which will drive it up with millions more users! Make me rich :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭garrettod

Hi JustShay,

How do you know it's coming to Coinbase ?

Any idea on timelines ?

Thanks

Thanks,

G.

garrettod wrote: »
    Hi JustShay,

How do you know it's coming to Coinbase ?

Any idea on timelines ?

Thanks

I read some articles saying that Ripple, DASH, OMG...etc are coming to Coinbase in 2018. Can't find the link right now.

Can you recommend one please.

I use Kraken. It's down often and verification is sloooowww. I have no experience of the others so can't recommend another but tbh I only use Kraken because I'm already verified with them. If you hear of one you can get verified on quickly I'd go with that.

Not very helpful, sorry.

JustShay wrote: »
    Ripple to reach $2 - $5 in 2018. It is coming to Coinbase which will drive it up with millions more users! Make me rich :)

Love your optimism! Lets hope.

For those of you interested in reading more, the reddit ripple thread is fairly active and full of optimistic posts like above :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,124 ✭✭✭dashoonage

A reddit...where every user is going to drive their new lambo to the moon in 2018. Its a magical mystical place.

dashoonage wrote: »
    A reddit...where every user is going to drive their new lambo to the moon in 2018. Its a magical mystical place.

While I do agree with this, reddit does have good guides on how to buy for people who are unsure, and also is much more active in posting news about the coin. You just have to wade through all of the "MOON" comments.

(I actually find the nomenclature this whole crypto thing has adopted a bit ridiculous)

its hard work though.

"I predict that xrp will be worth 3 lambos and 7 MOOOONS!!! by xmas" im basing this on the fact someone saw a dog **** that looked like the ripple logo outside a church on top a mountain in China .

• Advertisement

dashoonage wrote: »
    its hard work though.

"I predict that xrp will be worth 3 lambos and 7 MOOOONS!!! by xmas" im basing this on the fact someone saw a dog **** that looked like the ripple logo outside a church on top a mountain in China .

Had a good laugh off this !!!

Are people using physical legers here for their xrp? The nano S?

Or something like Toast - have spent the morning reading about toast, don't know why I feel uneasy about it. Just don't know how "safer" is it relative to keeping it on something like kraken.

Any advice appreciated!

Currently not using anything as well it aint worth it yet. Nano S seems to be the one to use. As always. Only transfer a small amount to begin with :P

• Registered Users Posts: 17,741 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

I read some articles saying that Ripple, DASH, OMG...etc are coming to Coinbase in 2018. Can't find the link right now.

Unfortunately some sites are filling up with people who buy a coin and suddenly go into full pyramid scheme mode trying to get everyone else to buy them

1. Coinbase confirms they will accept Ripple? source for that please (and not some article about the Coinbase CEO claiming the CB should be accepting new coins next year, that's speculation not confirmation. Many are pulling the whole CB will accept <insert coin here>)

2. Likewise Dash and OMG, source? or speculation on the interwebs

Registered for Binance and transferred my LTC then traded my LTC for BTC then BTC for XRP,
    Baby Steps
    Hopefully buying my private jet in january

TheSheriff wrote: »
    While I do agree with this, reddit does have good guides on how to buy for people who are unsure, and also is much more active in posting news about the coin. You just have to wade through all of the "MOON" comments.

(I actually find the nomenclature this whole crypto thing has adopted a bit ridiculous)

Ehh...

nomenclature
    noun
    the devising or choosing of names for things, especially in a science or other discipline.
    TheSheriff wrote: »

Or something like Toast - have spent the morning reading about toast, don't know why I feel uneasy about it. Just don't know how "safer" is it relative to keeping it on something like kraken.

Whilst you were eating Toast?
    Dohnjoe wrote: »
    1. Coinbase confirms they will accept Ripple? source for that please (and not some article about the Coinbase CEO claiming the CB should be accepting new coins next year, that's speculation not confirmation. Many are pulling the whole CB will accept <insert coin here>)

2. Likewise Dash and OMG, source? or speculation on the interwebs

The interwebs was my reliable source.

steo_magra wrote: »
    Hopefully buying my private jet in january

Which vendor are you going with? I'm thinking Mach Aviation:

http://www.mach.ie/2001-boeing-767-224-2

11.5 mill. Not bad.

Which vendor are you going with? I'm thinking Mach Aviation:

http://www.mach.ie/2001-boeing-767-224-2

11.5 mill. Not bad.

Theres a fella in Tallaght has one parked on his roof, might bite the bullet and go for it.
    No NCT though.

Has anyone any idication of when coinbase will be adding extra currencies ?
    Early mid or late 2018 ?

Mr.S wrote: »
    Is there any substance to those rumours? Every source is either a faked webpage or just someone saying "I know someone at Coinbase and they said it's coming"

Lets hope, being added to Coinbase would be huge as everyone will want in due to the cheap price.

No substance. I learned from my mistakes. Not buying ETH when it was less than €30. I'm not letting any other currency slip away this time. buy in bulk all of the smaller, more popular currencies. Their trends have only ever grown. Every graph you look at, goes UP. Some dips. But then it continues up. Crypto is guranteed Profits... I'm ranting...

Anyway, yes. People who are new to the game are under the impression of owning 1 UNIT of a currency. That's why LTC shot up. All of these newcomers to Coinbase said hey, I want the most affordable coin i.e. LTC at the time. I can afford 5 of those rather than just 2 ETHs. If Ripple enters Coinbase less than €1. Lets go. Bring it up to €10 and we'll be making cash munehhhh! Pints on me lads!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

JustShay wrote:
    No substance. I learned from my mistakes. Not buying ETH when it was less than €30. I'm not letting any other currency slip away this time. buy in bulk all of the smaller, more popular currencies. Their trends have only ever grown. Every graph you look at, goes UP. Some dips. But then it continues up. Crypto is guranteed Profits... I'm ranting...

JustShay wrote:
    Anyway, yes. People who are new to the game are under the impression of owning 1 UNIT of a currency. That's why LTC shot up. All of these newcomers to Coinbase said hey, I want the most affordable coin i.e. LTC at the time. I can afford 5 of those rather than just 2 ETHs. If Ripple enters Coinbase less than €1. Lets go. Bring it up to €10 and we'll be making cash munehhhh! Pints on me lads!!

This whole post hurt my brain.

Advertisement