Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Higher Diploma in Data Analytics

• 08-08-2014 12:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭

Anyone know what the Higher Diploma in Data Analytics is like in DIT compared to the NCI? Which course is better or more respected?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41 djunmark

NCI course is 12 months and it is very intense.

DIT I am not sure, but it seems to be quite good too, but I think it could be not that intense since it is 2 years part time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,414 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

HDip course in DIT is exact same as MSc course only you don't need to write the thesis.

It would be 2 nights a week and a Saturday for one term, 3 nights the other term. This can vary based on what subjects you pick. It can be quite intense at times

That seems to be cool too.

I think both courses are good.

For Hdip in Data Analytics at NCI there is a thesis involved.

I think it depends more on the personal point of view, and what you prefer. I would say the content is quite similar.

The schedule at NCI:

3 evenings - 4 hours each evening and full day most Saturdays if I remember fully.

Basically it's full time in terms of hours and workload, but worth it if you have dedication to do it and in 1 year.

I hope it helps

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭phonypony

ILikeBoats wrote: »
    HDip course in DIT is exact same as MSc course only you don't need to write the thesis.

Not so- HDip is level 8 and intended as a conversion course or level 7 top-up. PGDip is level 9- this plus a dissertation will get you the MSc.

phonypony wrote: »
    Not so- HDip is level 8 and intended as a conversion course or level 7 top-up. PGDip is level 9- this plus a dissertation will get you the MSc.

Ah. That's what I meant so!

• Advertisement

ILikeBoats wrote: »
    Ah. That's what I meant so!

I thought we talking about two hdip courses?

In general, I think postgrad diploma would not differ a lot from higher diploma.

I did the MSc. I know people in my class who didn't bother doing the thesis and took the PGDip, I thought it was a HDip. My mistake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 567 ✭✭✭tillyfilly

There is a thesis at the end of the hdip also I'd you don't get a work placement

Advertisement