Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Renault zoe weak battery

Options
  • 18-12-2017 12:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Can anybody explain why my zoe battery goes weaker? When i bouth car in july was 100% - 74miles, now 100%-44miles...its i am doing something wrong or batterys fault? Have booked to do service is after New year, but want to know, whats can be wrong, really want to change to stronger battery, hope i will can. Thank for any answers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,076 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Cold weather, reduces range.
    Or you are driving it faster, also reduces range! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 kikimaraaa

KCross wrote: »
    Cold weather, reduces range.
    Or you are driving it faster, also reduces range! :)

But it start i would say month ago or more... And i am not drive fast, use just in town, like to drop child to school, shops...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

The cold weather will affect it. Are you always charging it fully ? Should have a look at your driving style. There's an app called CanZE you use with a OBD2 that will tell you the state of the battery but that shouldn't be an issue.

EPAndlee wrote: »
    The cold weather will affect it. Are you always charging it fully ? Should have a look at your driving style. There's an app called CanZE you use with a OBD2 that will tell you the state of the battery but that shouldn't be an issue.

Ok, i will try to download it. Not always, but mainly yes fully, just i charge it at town chargers, maybe that wrong, just because i dont have home charger, just granny charger for incase, but used it just once.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭noel100

Had the Renault fluenze ze same issue. During very warm summer weather get 120-140km on charge
    During winter cold weather 60-80km on charge.
    Had for 2 years lovely car range wasn't good enough for my needs.

• Advertisement

kikimaraaa wrote: »
    Ok, i will try to download it. Not always, but mainly yes fully, just i charge it at town chargers, maybe that wrong, just because i dont have home charger, just granny charger for incase, but used it just once.

Oh yeah, need to connect with car, tomorrow will do it, and will see. Thanks

noel100 wrote: »
    Had the Renault fluenze ze same issue. During very warm summer weather get 120-140km on charge
    During winter cold weather 60-80km on charge.
    Had for 2 years lovely car range wasn't good enough for my needs.

Looks same issue . I am in love with this car, hope they will change to stronger battery, anyway im paying money. Now can use just in my town, cant go far...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

You'll be using the heat more in the colder months and having window demister on etc.

Yawns wrote: »
    You'll be using the heat more in the colder months and having window demister on etc.

Yes i understand if its goes down faster, but it charge fully 100% just 44miles

• Registered Users Posts: 3,018 ✭✭✭Casati

Surely this range drop can’t be acceptable??? The OP must have a car with a problem as that limited range is really poor? We could have this same level of cold weather across 5 months of a given year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭TBi

44 miles seems really bad. My i3 has gone down to 60ish miles on the coldest days recently but i'm driving 100kph on main roads.

Do you charge all night? What temperature is the heating set at? Do you precondition.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭reboot

Cold should only drop the voltage by 20%, I recently had the dealer do a BMS, ( battery management system) software update, problem fixed. Although just because the display reads more miles, who knows if it did anything to the car?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

How long do you charge for and is it fast chargers or slow chargers on the street.

The batteries may not be hooked up long enough to do a balance.

Is the car left for long periods at full charge?

If you could get a home charger it may be better as you can set the time you will be using the car and it won't start charge till it knows how long it needs to be full for the time you need it.

It would also be good for the morning heat up and that as it won't drain the battery.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭bp_me

reboot wrote: »
    Cold should only drop the voltage by 20%, I recently had the dealer do a BMS, ( battery management system) software update, problem fixed. Although just because the display reads more miles, who knows if it did anything to the car?

It unlocks some of the headroom so you do have some more electrons available.

But does it involve Quantum Entanglement?

There is a software update that fixes this problem, although I had to push the dealer to do it.
    Renault will only pay the dealer back for somethings. Last winter I was only seeing 60 miles on a full charge, today, warm day I am seeing 100,having had the software.
    I couldn't say, like a few things on the screen, if this actually makes any difference to the battery state?

Advertisement