Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quade Cooper - 800k a year and not playing

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Gator wrote: »
    Im struggling to find any info on what exactly is going on with him, he is one of the best players Ive ever seen and after being dropped from the national team thorn has said he doensnt have to turn up to club training as hes not needed. Anyone any idea whats going on?

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/rugby/quade-cooper-to-earn-800000-playing-club-rugby-after-being-dropped-by-queensland-reds/news-story/899f5f4bac6a1902b44565c1eda2b236

His play style is rather erratic and Thorn has decided that he doesn't want him.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

Hasn't he been linked to Dragons of late?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,021 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

aloooof wrote: »
    Hasn't he been linked to Dragons of late?

In the press, fairly meaningless though.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,158 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Poor Man's Michalak

• Registered Users Posts: 3,520 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

Ulster would be a good move for him.

Yes he is a wild spark, yes he is a bit erratic, but he is also prone to some unbelievable play.

You don't get 70 caps by accident.

Charley is on north of 500 I would say. Might be enough to tempt him. After all 800k AUD only works out at like 60p or something along those lines ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Sephiral

I actually think a backline with Charles, Jacob, Big Stu and Quade would be shocking good for a few months.

It will never happen though sadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭swiwi_

Quade Cooper would be a terrible signing for Ulster.

He was a very good player in 2011.

Next year is 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭blackdog1

I see the Crusaders have signed Mike Delaney for a year. He might have been a good option. He was very decent in his day don't know how his form was lately but a guy who could have been looked at.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,994 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Ulster would be a good move for him....
    Charley is on north of 500 I would say. Might be enough to tempt him. After all 800k AUD only works out at like 60p or something along those lines ;)

For that sort of cash, how many coaches or regular players or academy prospects would Ulster bring in? 8, 9, 10? I'd vote with the wallet here.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,182 ✭✭✭✭Buer

For that sort of cash, how many coaches or regular players or academy prospects would Ulster bring in? 8, 9, 10? I'd vote with the wallet here.

The wallet, the brain, anything. It would be utter madness for Ulster to try and cough up big money on Quade Cooper and eating up valuable resources. There are solid options available in Japan who will become available in January for a fraction of the price for a few months.

Even if they did bring in Cooper, with his record there's no guarantee that he wouldn't be unsettled and be a complete non-entity during his time here (aside from the fact that he isn't near the player he was). His Toulon stint was a complete disaster and he spent as much time trying to get out of the place than he did on the pitch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Cooper would love playing rugby for Ulster in Ireland in January. I can't see how this could possibly go wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭ArmchairQB

Wouldn’t fit in to well in Ulster at all, not the typical type of character that they would normally go for. Although he would certainly liven the place up😀

ArmchairQB wrote: »
    Wouldn’t fit in to well in Ulster at all, not the typical type of character that they would normally go for. Although he would certainly liven the place up😀

A poor man's iHumph

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

He would certainly liven up things! Can we ever forget this piece of wonderful madness?

Advertisement