Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Ripple Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭Uncle Mclovin

benjamin d wrote: »
    I've seen chat of $100 and beyond but I doubt that. If the rumours about coinbase adding XRP are true there'll be a huge surge though, so maybe it's a possibility?

If it gets added to Coinbase it will go huge I imagine. I was looking last night to see what Coinbase might add next but couldn't see anything on it other than that other coins will be added in 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭jonny_b

Bitcoin cash being added to Coinbase in January afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Dutchy

Not gonna vouch for this is but...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DQ9vCDlUIAAJytm.jpg:large

Found on cryptocompare so every chance it's fake

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭benjamin d

Dutchy wrote: »

Debunked AFAIK but doesn't mean it's not possible anyway. Ripple is one of the obvious ones to be added to Coinbase I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

I've seen chat of $100 and beyond but I doubt that. If the rumours about coinbase adding XRP are true there'll be a huge surge though, so maybe it's a possibility?

It's not. If Ripple got to $100 that would push it's market cap to almost 4 trillion. 8 times the current market cap of all coins combined.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭asteroids over berlin

i'd be surprised if it got over $1

• Registered Users Posts: 27,007 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

i'd be surprised if it got over $1

I can see it getting to $5 next year

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭splashuum

HODL 😠Bought a fair amount at .22$

GreeBo wrote: »
    I can see it getting to $5 next year

no chance - there are way too many, maybe in 5 years time! Don't mention the burn per transaction, yes if it was adopted like SWIFT, they would need even more after anywhere from 2 - 5 years, what happens then? No way, just no way - however, i don't believe it (xrp) will be mass adopted, the ripple network will do well though. I don't trust the CEO either, sneaky!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,007 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

no chance - there are way too many, maybe in 5 years time! Don't mention the burn per transaction, yes if it was adopted like SWIFT, they would need even more after anywhere from 2 - 5 years, what happens then? No way, just no way - however, i don't believe it (xrp) will be mass adopted, the ripple network will do well though. I don't trust the CEO either, sneaky!

Need even more what? More Ripple?

The last XRP will be destroyed after ten quadrillion transactions.

We havent even destroyed a single one yet, not to mention that the amount of XRP destroyed will shrink as the value per coin increases.

Also they have simulated mining by placing 55Bn XRP in escrow which will expire 1M every month.

https://ripple.com/insights/ripple-to-place-55-billion-xrp-in-escrow-to-ensure-certainty-into-total-xrp-supply/

Im not saying its a guaranteed sure thing, but I dont agree with any of your reasons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 gazza87a

I've been wanted to buy ripple last few weeks but still waiting on verification from bitstamp.. Then tried gatehub and bittrex.. still waiting.. How long does verification take..

GreeBo wrote: »
    Need even more what? More Ripple?

The last XRP will be destroyed after ten quadrillion transactions.

We havent even destroyed a single one yet, not to mention that the amount of XRP destroyed will shrink as the value per coin increases.

Also they have simulated mining by placing 55Bn XRP in escrow which will expire 1M every month.

https://ripple.com/insights/ripple-to-place-55-billion-xrp-in-escrow-to-ensure-certainty-into-total-xrp-supply/

Im not saying its a guaranteed sure thing, but I dont agree with any of your reasons.

my error, didn't look into it more, i am indeed wrong with what i said , no way it even gets near $5 in 10 years time. Best of luck to you though, no doubt you bought in early so will make a nice profit if it reaches a $1 etc,

gazza87a wrote: »
    I've been wanted to buy ripple last few weeks but still waiting on verification from bitstamp.. Then tried gatehub and bittrex.. still waiting.. How long does verification take..

Beter off going with Kraken or Bittrex, relatively seemless and fast. Just to note, XRP is VERY expensive now, don't jump on the hype train, it will not go to the moon or even Sligo for any investors jumping on now, research it though. Those who bought in at less than 5c will do well, no doubt some will have 100k - 1 million bought

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭Sarah1916

Beter off going with Kraken or Bittrex, relatively seemless and fast. Just to note, XRP is VERY expensive now, don't jump on the hype train, it will not go to the moon or even Sligo for any investors jumping on now, research it though. Those who bought in at less than 5c will do well, no doubt some will have 100k - 1 million bought

Or even Sligo hahaha :D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭tony1980

I timed that perfectly by pure dumb luck. Bought 2 days ago at €0.20 and it's now at 0.57 and rising on Kraken. Could we see a euro? Definitely $1 is on the horizon if this keeps up.

I tried signing up to Kraken a few times the last week to buy Ripple and there was always some issue with the site and now it seems like i missed the massive increase in the last day or two and I still can’t sign in to Kraken, is there any other one I can get verified on quickly to buy some before tomorrow?

tony1980 wrote: »
    I tried signing up to Kraken a few times the last week to buy Ripple and there was always some issue with the site and now it seems like i missed the massive increase in the last day or two and I still can’t sign in to Kraken, is there any other one I can get verified on quickly to buy some before tomorrow?

I actually signed up to Kraken about 6 months ago and it took ages to get verified so I ended up using coinbase as it was quicker and easier. I used my Kraken account for the first time to buy XRP this week. It's slow and annoying getting verified on Kraken. Its probably even worse now with all the mainstream crypto hype.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭DANNY2014

$0.81 on coinmarket now... Some gains...

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭jonny_b

0.71 Euro on Kraken, delighted with that, considering to keep all or sell some at this stage

Just tried to sell half of mine at .75, more or less twice what I paid for half of my XRP. Kraken isn't playing ball though!

FINALLY sold at 0.74

Kraken is really not handling the pressure at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭DANNY2014

Will it be at the dollar by tommorrow???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭carrotcake

I bought Ripple on Kraken yesterday, simply to transfer it to Binance and trade it for other coins. If only I had held it for 24 hours then I'd be up 100%! Trying not to think about it, but it keeps coming back to haunt me. :o

carrotcake wrote: »
    I bought Ripple on Kraken yesterday, simply to transfer it to Binance and trade it for other coins. If only I had held it for 24 hours then I'd be up 100%! Trying not to think about it, but it keeps coming back to haunt me. :o

Try dealing with selling 5k eos for a 5c profit on each 2 months ago! Easy to dwell on what could of been. Still other investments doing very well

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭carrotcake

Try dealing with selling 5k eos for a 5c profit on each 2 months ago! Easy to dwell on what could of been. Still other investments doing very well
    OK, that puts things in perspective a bit!

PS: It may have taken 15 years, but I finally got to 1000 posts!

Kraken is completely and utterly broken. Can anyone do anything on there at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,434 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Kraken is completely and utterly broken. Can anyone do anything on there at the moment?

Its a struggle to get in alright with a myriad of 502, 503, 504, 520 and 522 errors but persistence will get you in to your account.
    I would not be confident of any order placed actually processing though. Ripple is back to €0.73 just now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

All dressed up in my spacesuit and nowhere to go..

Any easier way to buy ripple than bitstamp?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭The One Doctor

Any easier way to buy ripple than bitstamp?

With ETH on Bittrex. That's what I'm planning to do once the price dumps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,234 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

With ETH on Bittrex. That's what I'm planning to do once the price dumps.

You'll need a verified account to send eth to bittrex, which I know you'll need eventually but it does take time.

So easier again is to use bitcoin on bittrex, account doesn't need to be verified

Advertisement