Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

BST Hyde Park 2018

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,415 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

76dB max volume. :(

tumblr_np2zl9RhNS1uwfnsao1_500.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

The Nal wrote: »
    76dB max volume. :(
    And they'll pull the plug if you play past their curfew :mad:

Bruno Mars announced too. Not sure if I'll bother posting the details :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭ClaptonBay

Eric Clapton is announced aswell. What's this venue like if only general admission ticket, is it hard to get a good spot?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,348 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

The Cure only European show in 2018 added

W/ Interpol,Goldfrapp,Editors etc.

• Advertisement

Just came in to post this.

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭psychozeb

Excellent line up,pity about the venue,seen The Cure there before but noise restrictions ruin it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭lc180

psychozeb wrote: »
    Excellent line up,pity about the venue,seen The Cure there before but noise restrictions ruin it.

Have you been to a gig there since they introduced the restrictions? Trying to determine how bad the noise issue is.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,087 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Does anyone reckon this'll sell out quickly? Tickets are available now, can buy them with the password but I can't afford them until at least Saturday / early next week (damn you, Pearl Jam).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,459 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Would be very tempted to head over to this, anyone have any reports from previous years? Don't think I have ever been at a gig that size.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭kennyu272

Got tickets this morning for this.That is some line up..can't wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭mgkelly

Wheety wrote: »

Just came in to post this.
    Have you seen who is on the support line up?!!! Worth going for alone - Interpol, Goldfrapp, Ride, Slowdive, Editors, etc.
    Pardon my French, but Jesus Christ, those alone worth the line up! And The Cure!
    Seen them before in The Point, but worth another go!
    For an indie child of the late 80's/early 90's, this is heaven ('just like heaven', in fact!).
    :D

Restrictions were in place last time I seen them there and you could notice very clearly how quiet it was,haven't been sice that gig but found this online and they claim to have overcome the problems.http://www.audiomediainternational.com/live/noise-complaints-hit-all-time-low-at-hyde-park-s-bst-festival/04646

lc180 wrote: »
    Have you been to a gig there since they introduced the restrictions? Trying to determine how bad the noise issue is.

Restrictions were in place last time I seen them there and you could notice very clearly how quiet it was,haven't been since that gig but found this online and they claim to have overcome the problems.http://www.audiomediainternational.c...festival/04646

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

lc180 wrote: »

I saw Sabbath, Soundgarden and Faith no More there a couple of summers ago, trust me, the sound was epic!!

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Sandwell

Tickets booked this morning. Immense lineup and a great opportunity to finally catch The Cure.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

Tempted to go over to see The Cure as seen them in the RDS and the Point back in the day.

However how are you getting tickets so early see they go on sale Friday?

Also I have to get from Hyde Park back to Kingston so whats the transport like after the gig ?

Tempted to go over to see The Cure as seen them in the RDS and the Point back in the day.

Also I have to get from Hyde Park back to Kingston so whats the transport like after the gig ?

Was that in 1986? I remember that as I was only a cub and we were up visiting my aunt who lived across the rd from the RDS, the sight of all the Goths drinking on the streets of Ballsbridge before the gig has stuck with me to this day, I was fascinated and curious by it all!

Years later I got to see the sight of all the Cure fans on a hot Sunday afternoon at Witness festival as they walked around in the baking sun in their leathers looking sad and pissed off as their makeup was melting while everyone else was having a blast, too funny!!

As for Kingston, there are direct flight to Jamaica from Gatwick I think:D:D

frag420 wrote: »
    Was that in 1986? I remember that as I was only a cub and we were up visiting my aunt who lived across the rd from the RDS, the sight of all the Goths drinking on the streets of Ballsbridge before the gig has stuck with me to this day, I was fascinated and curious by it all!

Years later I got to see the sight of all the Cure fans on a hot Sunday afternoon at Witness festival as they walked around in the baking sun in their leathers looking sad and pissed off as their makeup was melting while everyone else was having a blast, too funny!!

As for Kingston, there are direct flight to Jamaica from Gatwick I think:D:D

Think it was 89? I had a broken leg so had to sit down but still enjoyed waving my Crutch in the air:):)

Saw them again in the Point think in 92 and enjoyed that more

Yeah flights to Kingston an option but its Kingston Upon Thames so not sure if I can get a flight to there?;)

Think it was 89? I had a broken leg so had to sit down but still enjoyed waving my Crutch in the air:):)

Saw them again in the Point think in 92 and enjoyed that more

Yeah flights to Kingston an option but its Kingston Upon Thames so not sure if I can get a flight to there?;)

Best way to Kingston upon Thames...

https://tfl.gov.uk/plan-a-journey/results?InputFrom=Hyde+Park+Corner+Underground+Station&FromId=1000119&InputTo=Kingston+Rail+Station&ToId=1001173

• Advertisement

frag420 wrote: »

Question more about public transport after gig only done gig in Twickenham and that is closer. Are there more buses, tubes put on for the night?

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Sandwell

THE CURE will be celebrating 40 imaginary years on Saturday 7th July 2018 with a 120min headline show at BST Hyde Park, London. Tickets on sale 9am Friday 15th December 2017. Presale is 9am TODAY 12th December.https://t.co/gHw1NfahWr - the password is IMAGINARY.
    SEE YOU THERE!!! pic.twitter.com/RbWJLeK4iY

Question more about public transport after gig only done gig in Twickenham and that is closer. Are there more buses, tubes put on for the night?

Unlikely!

I doubt you will have much problems getting on public transport as if its like the Sabbath gig most people will be heading central to get sh!tfaced after the gig and the transport here in London is pretty good, its moves quick even on busy sports/gig days!

This is sold out on Ticketmaster but just got tickets on Amazon Tickets! That's a great place to get tickets I've found, when everywhere else is sold out.

Bloody hell, only for your post, a) I would have panicked when I realised Ticketmaster (& ASX) were sold out & b) wouldn't have known about this resource.  I now have two tickets!! Phew!
    :):O

• Registered Users Posts: 5,536 ✭✭✭Zardoz

This is sold out on Ticketmaster but just got tickets on Amazon Tickets! That's a great place to get tickets I've found, when everywhere else is sold out.

Just bear in mind that they generally wont post tickets to the Republic ,you will have to use Parcelmotel/Parcelwizard or collect on the day at the box office.
    Non-UK addresses
    We may send physical tickets via post to non-UK addresses. If eligible, you will receive a notification closer to the time of dispatch.

For non-UK addresses that we are unable to deliver to, these tickets will be ready for collection at the venue's box office.

Your photo ID, order confirmation and the purchasing payment card will be required to verify your ID for collection

Zardoz wrote: »
    Just bear in mind that they generally wont post tickets to the Republic ,you will have to use Parcelmotel/Parcelwizard or collect on the day at the box office.

OK, thanks! Bought Bjork tickets through Amazon as well, so good to know in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Morby

Everyone getting excited going to this? I'm going on Saturday to see The Cure!

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭roll

Yes-but slowdive are on at 2:50pm so getting there for that on time is my main focus of attention! Flight at 11am

• Advertisement

Seriously stoked, now!! Over this evening to rest up, to be there for the doors opening. So many good acts!!

Advertisement