Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Boards FSA Charity Champions League 16/17

Options

Comments

mno101 wrote: »
    .....so... I bow out of a superbly run competition...thanks to all who organised (FHFC, Busts, Zarquon..others)
    congratulations Klopparama and best of luck in the final.

Due to my preparation for GW 28, and beyond, the final could be a forgone conclusion.

I'll be taking a -8 this week as part of my long term plan to try and achieve my highest possible overall finishing position.

It's been good fun and I can't believe I've got this far but like I said weeks ago - it's a real pity the semi's and the final are surrounded by skinny and the double game weeks.

But it really doesn't matter. I hope (and think it will) that this comp will double its contributions next season.

Hope Zarquon is doing well and that this comp will continue to raise cash for a genuine cause.

Edit - sad to read the above - perspective.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

Speaking of zarquon, I found out a few days ago that he has sadly passed away following a short illness. I noticed from his FPL team that he hadn't made any transfers in the last while. Fearing the worst, I checked on rip.ie and his name appeared unfortunately. Zarquon was a valued member of this forum for many years and he'll be really missed by everyone here.

Very sad news. RIP Zarquon

• Registered Users Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭patmac

Sad news regarding Zarquon R I P, I would be up for doing this annually a sort of Zarquon memorial trophy if you will, maybe with this year's winner picking a charity of their own.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

patmac wrote: »
    Sad news regarding Zarquon R I P, I would be up for doing this annually a sort of Zarquon memorial trophy if you will, maybe with this year's winner picking a charity of their own.

Yeah that's a great idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Speaking of zarquon, I found out a few days ago that he has sadly passed away following a short illness. I noticed from his FPL team that he hadn't made any transfers in the last while. Fearing the worst, I checked on rip.ie and his name appeared unfortunately. Zarquon was a valued member of this forum for many years and he'll be really missed by everyone here.

Ah hell. I'd also noticed that his team wasn't updated for a while and feared the worst. Thanks for letting us know.

• Advertisement

Yeah we had envisaged this being an ongoing annual cup. The winner picking next year's charity is a good idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Rip zarquon. I was up against him in h2h and noticed he hadn't made a transfer since Jan 2. Forum hero aguero his last transfer. Really sad news .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Here's to you our FSA pal
    Rest forever here in our hearts
    This thread and all its comments are yours
    This charity is your triumph

-

Contrary to several of my fellow FSAers, I had not particularly noticed zarquon had not been active with his team lately. So I was quite shocked by the news Scorpion Sting brought us earlier today. Very sad news. RIP zarquon. Let's keep this charity comp' your legacy.

Confirmation of the Semi Final results and the line up for the Final this possible DGW27.

I think we will all be holding our own personal minutes silence before the final of what I'm taking the liberty of calling the Zarquon Memorial Cup.

410586.JPG

We all put stupidly unhealthy amounts of time into this game and take it far to seriously, but while we rarely admit it there is a whole lot more going on for all of us out there and Zarquon's passing is a reminder of that. So remember super FPLer, and great FSAer, Zarquon this weekend, and take care of yourself, your family and enjoy life to the full.

410589.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Gaillimh1976

The Final Lineup

Foster

Pieters Brunt FunesMori

Firmino Allen Hazard Sanchez

Lukaku Defoe KunKunKun

Stephen Ward only sub likely to play

• Advertisement

The Final Lineup

Foster

Pieters Brunt FunesMori

Firmino Allen Hazard Sanchez

Lukaku Defoe KunKunKun

Stephen Ward only sub likely to play

You mean

Foster

PietersPieters Brunt FunesMori

Firmino AllenAllen Hazard Sanchez

Lukaku Defoe KunKunKunKunKunKun

:P?

All to play for going into tonight's game

My 1 point lead plus Pieters/Allen vs Raheem $terling

Both of us have Aguero TC so no difference there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Best of luck. A 94th minute Joe Allen worldie to win it for you!

Wow that's a nailbitter. Best of luck to both.

iroced wrote: »
    Congrats Gailimh. Go on and win it now!
    And so you did :cool:. Congrats! And commiseration to klopparama :o.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Sooner or Later

Well done Gailimh!

Well done Gaillimh!

FHFC wrote: »
    Well done Gaillimh!

Saves you a few quid on the shipping costs if nothing else.

Saves you a few quid on the shipping costs if nothing else.

Why, where was Klopparama?? Assuming Gaillimh is from, y know, Galway?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

FHFC wrote:
    Why, where was Klopparama?? Assuming Gaillimh is from, y know, Galway?

He lives in Australia

• Advertisement

spock. wrote: »
    He lives in Australia

Oh. Phew!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Congrats Gaillimh :)

Congrats Gaillimh and well done to all involved especially FHFC, a very well run tournament for a noble cause. RIP Zarquon.

Thanks all

Delighted with the win :):):)

Scraped home in a couple of the knockout rounds but got there in the end !!

Can I be cheeky & ask if this means I don't need to worry about the qualifying league ??

Thanks all

Delighted with the win :):):)

Scraped home in a couple of the knockout rounds but got there in the end !!

Can I be cheeky & ask if this means I don't need to worry about the qualifying league ??

PM me your details so I can arrange delivery.

You're hardly for Finn Park this Friday night?? :D

FHFC wrote: »
    PM me your details so I can arrange delivery.

You're hardly for Finn Park this Friday night?? :D

PM Sent

Haven't quite made it to Finn Park (yet !!!)

Showgrounds is as far north as I have gone for those trips

There's also a small rugby match on the TV that might draw a bit of the crowd

PM Sent

Haven't quite made it to Finn Park (yet !!!)

Showgrounds is as far north as I have gone for those trips

There's also a small rugby match on the TV that might draw a bit of the crowd

There's a supporters bus heading up, away you go. I'll arrange to make the presentation on the pitch at HT! :)

Well done gaillimh on the winning of this illustrious competition. To Fhfc well done on all the hard work much appreciated.

Hi just wandering are we doing this again this year.

• Advertisement

Hi just wandering are we doing this again this year.

I'd certainly enter. It would be good if a couple of other people took on the organising of it this year. Fhfc did a fair bit of work for it last year.

Advertisement