Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Litecoin Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Klopp

I have tried getting my account verified by uploading a copy of my Passport, it failed the first two times, both very clear pictures, and you could see everything. I tried using the App and taking a photo, i get an error my picture is more than 5Mb, i have tried adjusting the resolution.

Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭The One Doctor

Klopp wrote: »
    I have tried getting my account verified by uploading a copy of my Passport, it failed the first two times, both very clear pictures, and you could see everything. I tried using the App and taking a photo, i get an error my picture is more than 5Mb, i have tried adjusting the resolution.

Any ideas?

Use the flash is the first thing to try.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭3putt

Flying up today

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Klopp

I want to buy a chunk of Lite coin. I downloaded electrum wallet. I don't plan on day trading, I want to leave it for 6/12 months. Do you recommend transferring it all to the wallet, is there anything else that needs to be done?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

3putt wrote: »
    Flying up today

Aye up nearly 900 quid in over 24 hours for me!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Autochange

Truckermal wrote: »
    Aye up nearly 900 quid in over 24 hours for me!

I only bought a grand sum of 1 litecoin at 76 euro. I wish I bought more. Maybe I should but who knows what way it will go.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

Autochange wrote: »
    I only bought a grand sum of 1 litecoin at 76 euro. I wish I bought more. Maybe I should but who knows what way it will go.

Well if that ends up like the current Bitcoin it will make a nice nest egg! Nobody here knows what will happen it's all a gamble! I had that cash spare so it don't bother me if it goes tits up.

Truckermal wrote: »
    Well if that ends up like the current Bitcoin it will make a nice nest egg! Nobody here knows what will happen it's all a gamble! I had that cash spare so it don't bother me if it goes tits up.

Litecoin still pushing up. Currently at 161 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭Sarah1916

I only invested in Crytocurrency last week for the first time and decided to go with Litecoin.
    Safe to say I am delighted with myself.
    BUT I only invested with an amount I am willing to lose as we all know it can all go the other way at any time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭KilOit

More than likely pull back after that run, wouldn't be the worst to take some profits

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

Sarah1916 wrote: »
    I only invested in Crytocurrency last week for the first time and decided to go with Litecoin.
    Safe to say I am delighted with myself.
    BUT I only invested with an amount I am willing to lose as we all know it can all go the other way at any time.

This is Key, I'm considering it money spent and lost already.
    That being said, its all been profit so far.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,386 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

So can someone more knowledgeable than me suggest a wallet? Would it be better to go with a paper wallet or something like Electrum LTC?
    I'm a little bit confused about them but the main bit of advice I can see is that you shouldn't really be keeping them in Coinbase for long.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭pro_gnostic_8

I only bought a grand sum of 1 litecoin at 76 euro. I wish I bought more.
    Well done !
    A nice and gentle intro into crypto -- you haven't gone too crazy like many have done. Just take it easy and cool, don't get sucked into FOMO.
    You're already up over 100%, so well done you ! :)

Well done !
    A nice and gentle intro into crypto -- you haven't gone too crazy like many have done. Just take it easy and cool, don't get sucked into FOMO.

Thats true! Now to sell and start again if it gets lower or wait longer

I guess thats the million dollar question everyone is asking!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,769 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Or just hold and leave it there, and be one of those people who bought it for peanuts "way back in 2017". No stress with exchanges, no regrets.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,410 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

To tha' moon, yo'

Going crazy again this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭flashforward

To tha' moon, yo'

Going crazy again this evening.

Any reason for this rise?
    I've read the big players are selling BTC for LTC, not too sure why or how long this will last.

We will see €200 LTC before the hour is out.

Is a big correction coming?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Charlie Lee was on CNBC today & on Glenn Beck's show a few days ago.
    Probssibly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Selik

$223 on Bitstamp !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

Did the same as you, bought one litecoin last week, half an ether and a fraction of Bitcoin, sold the Bitcoin and sold the litecoin today, within half an hour it had increased by 40 euro but I still have made a nice profit, I didn't want to be too greedy, am using coinbase and Gdax.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭SlowBlowin

LTC has been adopted by a mobile top up company, as well as steam who droped BTC in favor of LTC.

Also current glut of transactions has lead to big backlogs on BTC mempool, LTC is coping fine so its highlighting the superior nature of the LTC network.

Also lots of media etc.

I retire at LTC=$1000, hopefully..

SB

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

Well done !

Sorry, what does FOMO mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

august12 wrote: »
    Sorry, what does FOMO mean?

Fear Of Missing Out.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,031 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

SlowBlowin wrote: »
    LTC has been adopted by a mobile top up company, as well as steam who droped BTC in favor of LTC.

Also current glut of transactions has lead to big backlogs on BTC mempool, LTC is coping fine so its highlighting the superior nature of the LTC network.

Also lots of media etc.

I retire at LTC=$1000, hopefully..

SB

Day to day usage is only possible with a stable currency...Im not sure Id consider $1K LTC stable considering its hovering aroiund $200 now

(Though it would be awesome!):D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,769 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

I've read the big players are selling BTC for LTC, not too sure why or how long this will last.

We will see €200 LTC before the hour is out.

One potential factor: a lot of new people are coming into crypto due to the recent crazy Bitcoin rises reaching mainstream news. A massive gateway is Coinbase. They offer 3 coins. The "cheapest" of which is Litecoin.

Most (new) people would rather hold 10 of a coin than 20% of another coin

It's human nature and psychology - and so much of this market is herd psychology

Again, just one potential factor.

Also due to market supplycap, people feel it is "underpriced" compared to Bitcoin from a cap/age point of view

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭SlowBlowin

I still belive LTC will rise to 25% of bitcoin, it seems logical. In all other aspects the Litecoin network is superior/the same.

I dont think LTC/BTC can be considered as a currency for everyday use, more a new idea/way of thinking finding its feet.

I cant help thinking they should fall flat on thier faces, but with the market capital in there, it seems unlikely.

I was looking the other day at the top LTC wallets and was surprised to find that many were very new, within the last 12 months, yet held huge quantities of coin. There were a lot of miners wallets the same age as mine (2013/14) but a lot is new money.

You think it would be a pleasurable experience but these rises have really stressed me out.

SB

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

200.. wow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭UsBus

Am gutted, been looking at lite coin for a while. Decided on a bank transfer to coinbase last Friday...was around €80 euro at the time....coinbase have said bank transfers are delayed😑

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭fran426ft

UsBus wrote: »
    Am gutted, been looking at lite coin for a while. Decided on a bank transfer to coinbase last Friday...was around €80 euro at the time....coinbase have said bank transfers are delayed😑

My transfer only came through this morning also. Now I'm not sure where to put my money. Knowing my luck if I put my money in the price will drop or if I wait for a dip the price will head to the moon.

I had bought 1 LTC last week but sold it yesterday at €161 not thinking it would go that high. Think I'll HODL for my next investment and see what happens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭Uncle Mclovin

Same as you guys. Had transferred across and was waiting for funds to come through to make the purchase. Don't know if it's worth the risk at €212.

I guess I'm a little like the rest of the people who are new to all this and as lite coin is the cheapest of the main three then that is where I was thinking of putting my money. Not a good investment strategy probably.

Advertisement